By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Scalpers reckon you'll pay $2600 for Super Mario 3D All-Stars

3 games. 1 I like. 2 I already own. Yes, let me get right on paying that much for common games I can get elsewhere.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Around the Network

They've got another thing coming!

It's pretty clear that these aren't serious listings.

If you are in the market for the game, you shouldn't have any trouble finding it for a reasonable price in the near future.

The massive sales of this collection pretty much guarantees a low price forever. There is always going to be a good supply of copies out there.

Can we make Really low offers to this people on Ebay?

Around the Network
dx11332sega said:

Well, I'm having trouble on Ebay for certain game "Panzer Dragoon Saga" , I want it so bad but It's futile, I'm not spending 1k for a single game . And they still have the PS5 at 700+ but in auctions, The buy now peeps won't budge still 1k + and there are people who still don't know how to buy from an auction in ebay . Or purchase anything on amazon with insane prices that amazon never adds an auction like ebay.

I know how you feel.  I am a retro gamer myself and I am trying to buy NES, SNES, and Genesis carts and I am slowly building my library.  I am not a collector, I buy games because I want to play them.  That said, I am watching the games I want to buy swell in price month over month.  There are fewer and fewer loose cart games for sale on ebay now and everything is either a Chinese repro or is being sold as a CIB collector's item at a crazy price.  I saw an SNES Earthbound cart sell for about $220 USD back in January but now the cheapest authentic earthbound carts on Ebay are going for around $450 and these carts are not even in great condition.  I think that there is a commodity boom/bubble going on right now and that is making collectors items in general inflate in price.  It's very unfortunate for people like you and me.

The best way to fix this problem is not to go after the scalpers, but rather get Nintendo, Sega, Square Enix, etc to be responsible stewards of the industry and create new production runs of these games, especially the ones that are going for crazy prices.  There is no reason why Nintendo can't immediately deflate the scalping market for Earthbound, Fire Emblem Path of Radiance, Baten Kaitos, Majora's Mask, etc.  Sega can do the same for basically every one of their Genesis, Saturn and Dreamcast RPG's which are all massively price inflated now.  The demand is high enough now that I am sure that Nintendo and Sega can easily turn a profit by doing this as well.  I guarantee that Nintendo could sell at least 10,000 earthbound carts without difficulty if they were to sell them at the original MSRP.  How much would an SNES cart cost to manufacture now compared to 25 years ago?

Might keep my copy sealed for the time being I guess.

eddy7eddy said:

Can we make Really low offers to this people on Ebay?

Does 2600 cents sound ok? I think that's a fair price for what it offers.

KLXVER said:
dx11332sega said:

Or maybe the kid might be a toddler? When I was 6 years old I didn't know how to read. I also wasn't good at counting money. There's also kids who just want the console now because next month it's their birthday? And omit research . I'm guessing the target is high middle class moms with kids that don't care about money? few other by different means?

So who exactly are we trying to protect here? People who just throw money at their problems? Its thanks to them regular gamers cant get a PS5.

The people retailers and govt should be looking after are people who just want to purchase a console at rrp knowing that if they miss out to another customer it's fair and square, and availability is down to just normal supply constraints, and not watching your purchase disappear out of your trolley because of some bot, my  own personal feelings are I wouldn't piss on scalpers or those buyers that enable them if they were on fire, also stores that do little to implement anti bot measures are also to blame.

Last edited by mjk45 - on 08 April 2021

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

KLXVER said:
dx11332sega said:

Well, I'm having trouble on Ebay for certain game "Panzer Dragoon Saga" , I want it so bad but It's futile, I'm not spending 1k for a single game . And they still have the PS5 at 700+ but in auctions, The buy now peeps won't budge still 1k + and there are people who still don't know how to buy from an auction in ebay . Or purchase anything on amazon with insane prices that amazon never adds an auction like ebay.

Panzer Dragoon Saga is a very rare and sought after game. The people selling it are not jacking up the price. That is what the game goes for. 

Sorry for being a bit of a jerk, but Im tired of people complaining about scalpers. Scalpers wouldnt do it if idiots didnt keep buying useless shit for a large amount of money. Who is the worst? The guy selling a PS5 for 1500 bucks or the guy buying it for 1500 bucks?

Definitely the person buying.  Anyone who spends that much money without doing an ounce of research first deserves to be ripped off.