By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo reportedly forecasting a record breaking fiscal year in terms of Hardware + Software sales

Also will we finally get that Wii Sports successor? I expect it would be a more inventive take, similar to how Ring Fit turned Wii Fit into more of a meaty RPG experience.

Around the Network

Based on that projection I'm expecting 2021 to be filled with games we don't even know about yet like no other year before. E3 gonna be crazy!

kazuyamishima said:

What’s the record for a fiscal year in terms of software for a single platform??

From what I could find PS4 2018 with 279 million not including digital https://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2020/02/04/ps4-software-sales-2019-per-second/

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

I hope they are meaning to include Bayonetta 3/SMTV in that 250. They will def need BOTW2 to get a good boost.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Shouldn't be that hard to achieve, all they need to do is get all the EAD teams that are due or overdue this year to get their games out the door, and provide more supply than last year.

Around the Network

I doubt BotW2 will be out this year, but I know it's still possible, and not too hard for them to achieve. Here's hoping the 2nd half of 2021 has an amazing lineup.

mjk45 said:
kazuyamishima said:

What’s the record for a fiscal year in terms of software for a single platform??

From what I could find PS4 2018 with 279 million not including digital https://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2020/02/04/ps4-software-sales-2019-per-second/

PS4 games

2018 279 million

2019 257 million

2020 274 million

I'm glad Nintendo's forecast projects big sales numbers.  It's about time their forecasts started matching reality.

Just from what we know so far in terms of big games/potential system sellers, there's New Pokemon Snap next month, the Diamond/Pearl remakes late this year, and the potential for both Splatoon 3 and Pokemon Legends to land before the end of the FY. 

And these days Nintendo often reveals games just a few months out release, and it's only March. This year already has more significant games announced than 2020 had, and there's most likely multiple big games for the second half of the year we haven't heard of yet.

Otter said:

Also will we finally get that Wii Sports successor? I expect it would be a more inventive take, similar to how Ring Fit turned Wii Fit into more of a meaty RPG experience.

Nintendo Sports 3 is overdue, IMO.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.