By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft Possibly Buying Sega and Konami

Rafie said:
Ka-pi96 said:

A Japanese company being bought out by a Chinese company seems much less likely than them selling to Microsoft given the current political situation.

Didn't know there was a political issue going on. Then I guess it's either Sony or Nintendo. I definitely don't see them selling to MS, although their relationship is a good one.

China and Japan have historically hated each other dating back decades if not centuries. Japan did terrible things to them during WW2, and China now has a communist government which is very different from Japan's. Also, since WW2 ended, Japan has increasingly become buddy-buddy with the US both economically and militarily. I would argue that the alliance of US/South Korea/Japan/Australia/India is a stronger bond than US/UK/France/Canada is now days. If A Japanese company is interested in selling to someone outside of Japan, I think a US based company is far more likely than a Chinese one.

Around the Network
Dulfite said:
Rafie said:

Didn't know there was a political issue going on. Then I guess it's either Sony or Nintendo. I definitely don't see them selling to MS, although their relationship is a good one.

China and Japan have historically hated each other dating back decades if not centuries. Japan did terrible things to them during WW2, and China now has a communist government which is very different from Japan's. Also, since WW2 ended, Japan has increasingly become buddy-buddy with the US both economically and militarily. I would argue that the alliance of US/South Korea/Japan/Australia/India is a stronger bond than US/UK/France/Canada is now days. If A Japanese company is interested in selling to someone outside of Japan, I think a US based company is far more likely than a Chinese one.

Wow I had no idea. Japan was kind of a dick to everyone back in the WW2 days. The clapback from the USA was devastating. I guess Japan decided that they would rather have the US as an ally versus and enemy. Anyway, my comment came from a misinformed place as I didn't know Japan and China were like that with one another. Appreciate the lesson on it.

PSN ID- RayCrocheron82

XBL Gamertag- RAFIE82

NNID- RAFIE82/ Friend Code: SW-6006-2580-8237

YouTube- Rafie Crocheron

Dulfite said:
Rafie said:

I actually see a different trend. Political conflict has been much reduced with more economic success of the whole region. Countries like South Korea, Japan and China are heavily profiting by working together economically and with traqde between them. On the other hand the US (Trump was very vocal, but all we've seen so far from the Biden administration point in the same direction) is more and more in economic conflict with China and escalating the issues, as China threatens the economic leadership position of the US.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Rafie said:
Dulfite said:

Wow I had no idea. Japan was kind of a dick to everyone back in the WW2 days. The clapback from the USA was devastating. I guess Japan decided that they would rather have the US as an ally versus and enemy. Anyway, my comment came from a misinformed place as I didn't know Japan and China were like that with one another. Appreciate the lesson on it.

US is like Goku from Dragon Ball Z. It has all these rivals that pop up, then they beat them, and they become buddies afterword. UK, Germany, Japan, Vietnam. At least the traditional war enemies (the modern ones that fight based on religious reasons have a different mindset so it isn't likely we will ever be buddies, even if we fought a war, with Iran). I think, as horrible as it would have been, had we fought an actual war with the Russians our relationship with that country today would look a lot like US/Germany. I'm thankful we didn't, as many tens of millions would have died.

Mnementh said:
Dulfite said:

I actually see a different trend. Political conflict has been much reduced with more economic success of the whole region. Countries like South Korea, Japan and China are heavily profiting by working together economically and with traqde between them. On the other hand the US (Trump was very vocal, but all we've seen so far from the Biden administration point in the same direction) is more and more in economic conflict with China and escalating the issues, as China threatens the economic leadership position of the US.

Part of it may be that, sure, but the bigger problem than the US being the economic leader is the US buying hundreds of billions of dollars more of stuff made in China than it is selling back to China of things made in the US (or services, etc). That lowers our nation's economic value and if that trend continues for many more decades it will cripple our economy. At some point you have to stop spending more money than you are taking in and re-evaluate things.

Around the Network

The Sega rumors have been going around for awhile, but there is nothing to back it up. Konami is not going to happen.

quite sure i have seen this thread pop up every once in a while ever since the dreamcast flopped

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

No more Sega games on Nintendo consoles BUT Sega games on PC... Don't know what I want, does Sega release on PC?

KLAMarine said:

No more Sega games on Nintendo consoles BUT Sega games on PC... Don't know what I want, does Sega release on PC?

They have since the Genesis era. They put a bunch of stuff on PC.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

If Micro really want to make a smart purchase, they should buy Nintendo. Even if they don't have the money for it, it's a must.

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first.