2010 6 19.35%

2011 3 9.68%

2012 0 0%

2013 0 0%

Other 1 3.23%

Total:31
smroadkill15 said:
curl-6 said:

The 360's later life had console exclusives outside of those too like Witcher 2, Alan Wake, Splinter Cell Conviction, Metro 2033, Fable III, Trails Evolution, Bastion, (at the time) etc.

I guess the fact some of these were on PC and games like Uncharted getting more hype feeds into the narrative that 360 was lacking in it's later years, but honestly as a 360 owner it was absolutely on fire from 2010-2012 and I could hardly have been happier with it.

The 360 has some solid exclusives through 2010-2012, but it was drowned out by Xbox's huge push with Kinect. 

Then we see Ps3 really pumping out the great exclusives during that same time so the narrative changed. 

See, Kinect wasn't my thing so I just ignored it, since it did not come at the expense of the system's "core" output. 

I'd consider games like Halo 4, Gears 3, Witcher 2, etc a hell of a lot better than just "solid" but I suppose game quality's always going to be subjective. For me personally, 360 had a better and more interesting lineup of console exclusives than PS3.

Around the Network

2007, the same year I got my 360. Mass Effect, Halo 3, CoD 4 MW, and more

2010 no doubt. There were so many heavy hitters. Plenty of GOTY worthy stuff and GOTG games on there, it was pretty much unprecedented. We had Mass Effect 2, Red Dead Redemption, Bioshock 2, AC: Brotherhood and Alan Wake. Also Halo Reach, Vanquish and RDR Undead Nightmare all in the same year.

Highly doubt we're ever going to see something like that again. Unless the new ME collides with a new GTA/RDR and Bioshock all over again lol.

curl-6 said:
smroadkill15 said:

The 360 has some solid exclusives through 2010-2012, but it was drowned out by Xbox's huge push with Kinect. 

Then we see Ps3 really pumping out the great exclusives during that same time so the narrative changed. 

See, Kinect wasn't my thing so I just ignored it, since it did not come at the expense of the system's "core" output. 

I'd consider games like Halo 4, Gears 3, Witcher 2, etc a hell of a lot better than just "solid" but I suppose game quality's always going to be subjective. For me personally, 360 had a better and more interesting lineup of console exclusives than PS3.

Don't get me wrong, I loved all those games you mentioned, but there was certainly a steady decrease in core Xbox exclusives and new IP's around that time compared to 2005-2010. I was a Kinect owner and really enjoyed it for games like Dance Central, but I understand why some were annoyed with Xbox's 1st party focus on either their core franchises of Halo, Gears, Fable, Forza, and then Kinect games.  

smroadkill15 said:
curl-6 said:

Don't get me wrong, I loved all those games you mentioned, but there was certainly a steady decrease in core Xbox exclusives and new IP's around that time compared to 2005-2010. I was a Kinect owner and really enjoyed it for games like Dance Central, but I understand why some were annoyed with Xbox's 1st party focus on either their core franchises of Halo, Gears, Fable, Forza, and then Kinect games.  

Well, outside of the core trifecta there was still Witcher 2, a top shelf "core" game which wasn't on PS3. Also if we're gonna discount Halo/Gears/Forza for Xbox does that mean we discount Uncharted, God of War, and Gran Turismo for Sony to even things out?

Around the Network

Even though it was first released on the PC in 2009 I'm going to add Torchlight to the good 360 games for 2011. Since it was first released on the 360 on March 9th of 2011.

Curious about the single vote for "other"; what year would you nominate o mystery voter?

Honestly I thought 2014 and 2015 were pretty great for post-replacement years.

For 2014 I got Wolfenstein The New Order, COD Advanced Warfare, Alien Isolation, Middle Earth Shadow of Mordor, and The Evil Within, and from 2015 I got Battlefield Hardline, Rise of the Tomb Raider, and Resident Evil Revelations 2.

I'd actually put put 2014 above 2005, 2006, and 2009.

2008. Just... 2008...