2008 4 12.90%

2009 1 3.23%

2010 6 19.35%

2011 3 9.68%

2012 0 0%

2013 0 0%

Other 1 3.23%

Total:31

IMO 2007 is the best year for gaming PERIOD.

Halo 3, Mass Effect, Bioshock, Portal, Super Mario Galaxy, Uncharted , and of course Crackdown.

Around the Network

2010 for sure. Alan Wake, Fallout New Vegas, Mass Effect 2, Fable 3 and it was a year I met my wife and had the best reindeer kebab ever.

curl-6 said:
mjk45 said:

What about you ?

For me it's gotta be 2010.

That's the year with the most high quality games to speak of; Mass Effect 2, Bayonetta, Halo Reach, Bioshock 2, Vanquish, Alan Wake, Splinter Cell Conviction, COD Black Ops, Need for Speed Hot Pursuit, Sonic All Stars Racing, Singularity, Metro 2033.

I own more 360 games from that year than any other.

While I agree that it was a good year. there are games on your list that are sequels or continuations of games  that arrived in 2007. so that marks it down for me by a point or two in comparison.

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

2007 for Bioshock alone.

mjk45 said:
curl-6 said:

For me it's gotta be 2010.

That's the year with the most high quality games to speak of; Mass Effect 2, Bayonetta, Halo Reach, Bioshock 2, Vanquish, Alan Wake, Splinter Cell Conviction, COD Black Ops, Need for Speed Hot Pursuit, Sonic All Stars Racing, Singularity, Metro 2033.

I own more 360 games from that year than any other.

While I agree that it was a good year. there are games on your list that are sequels or continuations of games  that arrived in 2007. so that marks it down for me by a point or two in comparison.

Personally, I don't rate games down for being sequels. Bioshock 2 wasn't as great as the first game if that's what you mean, but I still think it was a very good game.

360's 2007 had some truly amazing games, but I bought twice as many 360 games from 2010 as I did from 2007, while for every great game from 2007 I can think of just as many of the same tier for 2010, plus a bunch more that are also really good.

Around the Network
curl-6 said:
mjk45 said:

Personally, I don't rate games down for being sequels. Bioshock 2 wasn't as great as the first game if that's what you mean, but I still think it was a very good game.

360's 2007 had some truly amazing games, but I bought twice as many 360 games from 2010 as I did from 2007, while for every great game from 2007 I can think of just as many of the same tier for 2010, plus a bunch more that are also really good.

It wasn't a matter of better or worse or one opinion over the other, after all this is subjective even if we picked the same year it wouldn't mean we had the same reasons. my reply was why I see 2007 as the best despite the great 2010 lineup you pointed out and to get your and others views on that.

The fact that 2007 introduced many new games like Bioshock or was the entry point for series like Halo 3 that went on to shape the future of the 360's library, is a big factor in my choice, rather than down playing sequels, so in retrospect I should have made that clearer by marking 2007 up rather than marking 2010 down.

Last edited by mjk45 - on 08 March 2021

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

mjk45 said:
curl-6 said:

It wasn't a matter of better or worse or one opinion over the other, after all this is subjective even if we picked the same year it wouldn't mean we had the same reasons. my reply was why I see 2007 as the best despite the great 2010 lineup you pointed out and to get your and others views on that.

The fact that 2007 introduced many new games like Bioshock or was the entry point for series like Halo 3 that went on to shape the future of the 360's library, is a big factor in my choice, rather than down playing sequels, so in retrospect I should have made that clearer by marking 2007 up rather than marking 2010 down.

Fair enough; in my view 2010 also introduced so many new games; where 2007 had Bioshock and Mass Effect, 2010 had Bayonetta, Vanquish, Alan Wake, Singularity, and Metro.

In terms of just games, disregarding exclusivity and stuff, I'll say 2011.
Skyrim, Portal 2, Arkham City, Forza 4, Gears of War 3, and Deus Ex Human Revolution.

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.

2011 is also a really strong contender in my opinion.

You have Gears of War 3, Witcher 2, Portal 2, Batman Arkham City, Rayman Origins, Modern Warfare 3, Crysis 2, Deus Ex Human Revolution, Dead Space 2...

In my opinion it's actually stronger than 2007, albeit only just.

GTA iv and ninja gaiden 2