By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - What are your favorite foods?

Let's chat about gastronomy in this topic.

Here in Brazil most of us eat rice and beans everyday, with some meat, salad, or even a fried egg. This is what I eat on a daily routine. However, sometimes I skip the beans. I like to put some ramen with the rice occasionaly. Also, I am a bit sick of eggs (Maybe I ate it too much in my childhood?).

We have a strong italian culture where I live, so it's pretty common for people to eat pasta. I like a good spaghetti on a weekend. Pizza is pretty popular here too, you see it a lot in restaurants and supermarkets. I like pizza, but depends on the flavor, some of them are quite salty.

Now, if there's something that I absolutely refuse to eat, it's tripe. I know, it's even considered a healthy food, but I just can't stand it. My parents cook it sometimes, in fact, they like it. But come on, you're not supposed to eat such a thing.

Now, what do you like to eat?

Around the Network

I'm a meat lover, though I fully support alternatives. I like some kind of protein with most of my meals. I meal prep one or two big batches of food every weekend that I then take to work with me each day. Usually something easy like pasta or chicken.

In terms of favorites, I love Asian, Mexican, Italian, American, seafood, and sweets. If I had to choose a last meal though it would probably be a full steak and egg breakfast.

Last edited by TallSilhouette - on 04 March 2021

Pierogi

Ugh, tripe. They eat it here in Colombia too and some people love it but others like me can't get into it. I remember a tweet I read once about tripe: "if you have to do so much effort just to cook it, then maybe its the universe telling you that you shouldn't eat it" xD

JCGamer55 said:

Ugh, tripe. They eat it here in Colombia too and some people love it but others like me can't get into it. I remember a tweet I read once about tripe: "if you have to do so much effort just to cook it, then maybe its the universe telling you that you shouldn't eat it" xD

Never saw that tweet before, but it really makes sense, Hahahaha.

Around the Network

Chilaquiles, but only the chilaquiles I make, which use a not so spicy sauce, and they absolutely must be made with tortilla chips, if you use plain tortillas, whether toasted or soft, they don't taste good. Monterey cheese is also a must, and they can be accompanied by eggs or chicken breast.

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

I eat a meat meal 3 times a week. My favorite to cook is a sort of cream cheese stroganoff with tomato. Other meat meals I make tacos or quesadillas with various ingredients.

For 3 other meals I usually eat pasta with cheese and tomato sauce, it is a fine, extremely easy meal without wasting expensive meat.

For my last meal, I order pizza or experiment making something new. Some have been great, others were complete busts.

When I used to go out to restaurants, my favorite was gyoza or Curry. Sometimes I enjoyed yakinuku and sushi places with my friends.

Ka-pi96 said:
Farsala said:

I eat a meat meal 3 times a week. My favorite to cook is a sort of cream cheese stroganoff with tomato. Other meat meals I make tacos or quesadillas with various ingredients.

For 3 other meals I usually eat pasta with cheese and tomato sauce, it is a fine, extremely easy meal without wasting expensive meat.

For my last meal, I order pizza or experiment making something new. Some have been great, others were complete busts.

When I used to go out to restaurants, my favorite was gyoza or Curry. Sometimes I enjoyed yakinuku and sushi places with my friends.

huh? There's such thing as "non meat" meals?

Heck yeah, I love almost all foods, so whatever is in the fridge gets eaten. Could be an entire cabbage, slow fried onions and some mushrooms.

Chinese and Indonesian food are my favorites. I always put szechuan peanut sauce on my rice, the last bit of the bottle is always deliciously spicy. Hamburgers and honey garlic sausages next on the bbq. Indian cuisine as well, chicken tikka masala. A good Spanish paella, yum. Italian pasta/lasagna always good. Chicken and blue cheese pizza yum. Greek food is delicious, souvlaki, gyros pitas. Beef Burritos or enchiladas, always welcome.

My most go to easy food is baked or bbq'd honey garlic sausage with jasmine rice and lots of spicy peanut sauce. It's my mac 'n cheese comfort food.

It would probably be easier just to name the ones I wouldn't eat. Fruit, I'm allergic to. Anything I'm not, is fair game. My guess is I haven't eaten my favorite food yet, but that doesn't mean I haven't began the search. I've been locked in so long in my own world that I weaved around myself, that just about anything sounds good to eat right now. For sure I just want to explore meals I've never ate before just to experience it before I get locked away again.

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.