By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Just finished watching the final episodes of the Chicago three shows and Blue bloods. Very upset that Blue Bloods is leaving and that CSI Vegas was canceled for no reason.

BiON!@ 

Around the Network

Saw IF. So much feels!!

CaptainExplosion said:

Saw IF. So much feels!!

So from what you said it sounds like the movie is a good recomendation! 

BiON!@ 

hellobion2 said:
CaptainExplosion said:

Saw IF. So much feels!!

So from what you said it sounds like the movie is a good recomendation! 

Oh it is, highly underrated!! ^^

CaptainExplosion said:

Saw IF. So much feels!!

If IF, that film you saw, is like Saw, count me in!
If IF is like Saw, and you saw Saw in the early 2000s, and if IF is comparable to that in 2024, then IF sounds like it's the tits! (is that still appropriate slang in 2024 the way it was in 2004?)

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Around the Network

Been binging seasons of Super Sentai and it's pretty shocking what they could get away with showing here versus what they were allowed to show on Power Rangers. One season even ends with the main villain's head exploding, which is extra fatal because he was ALL head.

Saw Bad Boys: Ride or Die on Thursday, really enjoyed it. Right off the bat, the first praise I’ll sing is: it’s hilarious. They really upped the ante with the humor from the last movie with this one. It ranges from quirky to straight-up raunchy (or a little bit of both), but it always lands. The whole theater (which was limited, mind you) was laughing at various points in the movie. And Smith and Lawrence’s chemistry is great with some deep character moments, as usual.

Aside from the jokes, the plot is maybe the deepest the series has ever seen with some nice twists and turns. It made for not one, but several satisfying payoffs at the end.

4/5 I’d say it’s the best one since II, which I’ll still say was the best of the bunch.

KManX89 said:

Saw Bad Boys: Ride or Die on Thursday, really enjoyed it. Right off the bat, the first praise I’ll sing is: it’s hilarious. They really upped the ante with the humor from the last movie with this one. It ranges from quirky to straight-up raunchy (or a little bit of both), but it always lands. The whole theater (which was limited, mind you) was laughing at various points in the movie. And Smith and Lawrence’s chemistry is great with some deep character moments, as usual.

Aside from the jokes, the plot is maybe the deepest the series has ever seen with some nice twists and turns. It made for not one, but several satisfying payoffs at the end.

4/5 I’d say it’s the best one since II, which I’ll still say was the best of the bunch.

Same as me. ^^ Was the song Bad Boys originally done for the Bad Boys movies or for that show Cops?

Rewatching my favourite show of recent times, For All Mankind. It's an alternate history drama that often gets wrapped into the "science fiction" genre because of the technology advancement differences, and also the creator is Ronald D. Moore (Lead Writer on Star Trek TNG, Deep Space 9, and creator of the Battlestar Galactica remake). This show is cinematically far ahead of those shows. Lots of research done to give the different decades a historical feeling. It's also a bit of an experimental show since in four seasons we've moved from the 1960s to the 2000s. As the decades move forward, society diverges more and more.

It asks the question, "What would happen if the space race didn't end with the moon?" Here are a few scenes to give a taste without spoiling much.

Episode 1 answers how that might happen?

The first Moon landing happens a little differently.

A later scene from Episode 1 highlights the authenticity of the eras that the show captures, along with its practical cinematography.

And then in Episode 2 "He Built the Saturn 5" Werner Von Braun answers for the current direction. Nixon is pissed about losing to the Russians, worries about the press saying "Nixon lost the moon" - and says it was Von Braun who could have landed the Apollo 10 on the moon.

Season 2 ends in 1983 with a call between Werner Von Braun's protege, Margo Madison, and the head of the Russian space engineering (who she has a bit of a crush on) before shifting into a Season 3 teaser (which takes place across the first half of the 1990s).

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Been a while since I last posted so....in the last 3 months I've watched the following...

Anime/Donghua/Aeni
-7th Time Loop: The Villainess Enjoys a Carefree Life Married to Her Worst Enemy!
-Banished from the Hero's Party, I Decided to Live a Quiet Life in the Countryside 2nd Season
-Delicious in Dungeon (one of the best anime in 2023/2024)
-Fairies Albums 4th Season
-Frieren: Beyond Journey's End (one of the best anime I've seen, second best of 2023/2024)
-Hokkaido Gals Are Super Adorable!
-Mashle: Magic & Muscles - The Divine Visionary Candidate Exam Arc
-Monsters: 103 Mercies Dragon Damnation
-Pokemon: Black & White
-Pokemon: Black & White - Rival Destinies
-Pokemon: Black & White: Adventures in Unova and Beyond
-Pokémon: Black & White: Adventures in Unova and Beyond - Cilan and Brock!! Gyarados's Outrage!!
-Pokemon: Best Wishes Season 2 Special 2, Iris vs. Clair! The Road to Become a Dragon Master!!
-Pokemon Best Wishes! Season 2: Episode N
-Pokemon: Mewtwo - Prologue to Awakening
-Pokémon: Pikachu's Summer Bridge Story
-Pokemon: Meloetta's Moonlight Serenade
-Pokemon: Utae Meloetta - Rinka no Mi wo Sagase!
-Pokemon Movie 15: Kyurem vs. The Sword of Justice
-Pokemon Movie 16: Genesect and the Legend Awakened
-Sasaki and Peeps
-Shangri-La Frontier
-Shaman King: Flowers
-Solo Leveling (Best anime in 2024 so far, one of my favorites I've seen)
-Tales of Wedding Rings
-The Daily Life of the Immortal King 4
-Undead Unluck

Movies
-Aavesham
-Deadpool
-The Flash
-Winnie the Pooh (2011)
-Wish

Currently watching anime...