By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Whatchu Watchin?

Just watched Guns Akimbo.
Monumentally ridiculous, but it succeeds in what it sets out to do; deliver an absurd, stylish, and darkly humorous blast of adrenaline-soaked action.

Around the Network

Currently watching Orphan Black

Watching Season 3 of The Man in the High Castle and started Little Fires Everywhere (love Kerry Washington!)

Signature goes here!

I can't tell you how excited I am to see the return of Love Death + Robots. Loved the first season and we won't have to wait long for the third one, either! Sonnie's Edge needs its own show.

Shang-Chi looks promising, too.

Just finish both seasons of Warrior.  It was the last original show done by Cinemax and it completely flew under my radar since I never had Cinemax.   It included with HBO Max now and recently HBO Max picked up a third season of it as a HBO Max show.

It is fantastic one of the best things I watched in awhile.  I don't understand why more people have not been praising this show.   

It based on writings of Bruce Lee and take place in 1870's San Francisco and focus on Chinese and Irish gangs.  I highly recommend it

I also recently watch final episode of the Amazon Prime Animated Original Invincible.  Another Fantastic show.  I am a fan of a lot of the DC animated stuff but this is even better.  Especially last 2 episodes.  Just make sure you get to the end of first episode.  The first episode is a fairly generic super hero show with all of the chars clearly base on DC heroes until last 5 min of first episode when you realize this going to go places DC would not be willing to go.  A little like the boys but this feels more like a super hero show that using chars base on DC but way more brutal where Boys feel like something entirely different while using chars that parody of DC heroes.  Love both shows.

Around the Network

Watched Ex Machina yesterday.

Was really impressed with it; strong writing, acting, directing, cinematography, effects, just a really smart and well put together sci-fi film. Especially impressive that it was the director's debut.

hinch said:

Just binged through Castlevania (three seasons) on Netflix and man what a great show. Highly recommend for anyone who's into supernatural/fantasy stories. Apparently going to end with Season 4 which should air soon and have a spin off series from it.

Might go through Cobra Kai next.. will see. Anyone recommend a good anime on Netflix?

Check out Blood of Zeus. It's not on the level of Castlevania, but it's pretty good.

Angelus said:
hinch said:

Just binged through Castlevania (three seasons) on Netflix and man what a great show. Highly recommend for anyone who's into supernatural/fantasy stories. Apparently going to end with Season 4 which should air soon and have a spin off series from it.

Might go through Cobra Kai next.. will see. Anyone recommend a good anime on Netflix?

Check out Blood of Zeus. It's not on the level of Castlevania, but it's pretty good.

Had a look at it and it looked a bit too low budget and has that stereotypical look at Greek mythology. Cheers for the rec tho!

I watched The Babysitter: Killer Queen last night and was pleasantly surprised. If you liked the first movie then you'll probably like the second. Some hilarious scenes in there

Rewatching GoT right now, also rewatching Heroes.

Mummelmann said:

Rewatching GoT right now, also rewatching Heroes.

Will you rewatch them in their entirety? Sometimes I feel like rewatching Season 1 and 2 of Heroes but that's where I'd stop because Season 3 was terrible.

Signature goes here!