By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Started rewatching X-Files, it's holding up pretty well.

Around the Network

Started watching Dark on Netflix and though I'm not really usually into non-english speaking series, this ones really got me hooked. Best sci-fi I've seen in a long time. Bit of a slow burner this one but its darn good (for far!) - up to episode 5.

Currently:

King of the Hill on Hulu
South Park and Reno 911 on HBO Max

Leynos said:

Tried Wanda Vision.

IT'S SO FUCKING BORING. The show sucks shit.

First two and a half episodes were hard to watch for me, but it got better after that.

Just finished Firefly /Serenity last night ... sadly it didn't take too long to do that.

Watched Snyder's Cut for Justice League.

Surprisingly good! Not flawless but I really enjoyed it even though the movie is 4 hours long. Would love to see a sequel if that ever happens

Just as a warning, the entire movie is in 4:3 aspect ratio.

Last edited by Captain_Yuri - on 20 March 2021

Anime: Haruhi                                                                                      Anime: Love Live
                              Nsfw Anime Thread                                                                             Join our Anime Threads!
                             Sfw Anime Thread                                                                                VGC Tutorial Thread

Around the Network

Rewatching Gravity Falls, the X-Files, and Classic Doctor Who

The_Yoda said:
Leynos said:

Tried Wanda Vision.

IT'S SO FUCKING BORING. The show sucks shit.

First two and a half episodes were hard to watch for me, but it got better after that.

Just finished Firefly /Serenity last night ... sadly it didn't take too long to do that.

I had nothing better to do so I forced myself through it. The show was terrible all the way through. Been in an MCU fix and watching everything MCU...except Captain Marvel since that movie is such shit. I like Olsen as the character but that show is just unbearable. So badly written with lines like "They will never know what you sacrificed" oh like a fake family while taking people as slaves? Yeah, fuck that show.  Falcon and The Winter Soldier had a better start.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Captain_Yuri said:

Watched Snyder's Cut for Justice League.

Surprisingly good! Not flawless but I really enjoyed it even though the movie is 4 hours long. Would love to see a sequel if that ever happens

Just as a warning, the entire movie is in 4:3 aspect ratio.

Just finished watching it too and it's a huge improvement on the theatrical release.

There were clearly pacing issues in the original release and obvious cuts made to condense the film down to 2 hours but Snyders's cut does away with this.. and fleshes out the characters a lot more. Did like the little back stories. Also some very cool new scenes (won't ruin it for people who haven't seen it).

But yeah I'd too love a new JL sequel. Sadly don't see it happening due to this movie semi flopping. Plus with Affleck out of the game and Snyder and Warner Bros. lack of interest in continuing the franchise, it's hard to see anyone making a JL 2 movie. Let's hope though! Want to see an epic battle with Supes Vs Darkseid.

Machina said:

Currently finishing The 100. Show has come a looooong way since the first few episodes, which were pretty cringey at times. Glad I stuck with it.

Couple days ago I was so grateful to you for recommending this. Now I truly hate you for it. One of the dumbest things you can do is to recommend a series before you've actually finished it.

The one silver lining is that it gave me newfound perspective of how Game of Thrones season 8 is nowhere near as bad as people keep telling themselves. I already felt that way but that feeling is reinforced now. At the very least, Game of Thrones including season 8 is still re-watchable.

Thanks for the tainted memories.

Side-note for everyone else in the thread: So I don't ignore my own hypocrisy for making the thread promoting Attack on Titan's Final Season, now that the manga has ended I wholeheartedly recommend dropping that series hard and fast.

I began binge-watching other series to take my mind off the leaks for the final chapter, given how the past dozen or so chapters had been and not having much faith left Isayama could still stick the landing. Well he certainly fumbled it in magnificent fashion and right now I need something to take my mind off of two major disappointments.

Shaunodon said:
Machina said:

Currently finishing The 100. Show has come a looooong way since the first few episodes, which were pretty cringey at times. Glad I stuck with it.

Couple days ago I was so grateful to you for recommending this. Now I truly hate you for it. One of the dumbest things you can do is to recommend a series before you've actually finished it.

The one silver lining is that it gave me newfound perspective of how Game of Thrones season 8 is nowhere near as bad as people keep telling themselves. I already felt that way but that feeling is reinforced now. At the very least, Game of Thrones including season 8 is still re-watchable.

Thanks for the tainted memories.

Side-note for everyone else in the thread: So I don't ignore my own hypocrisy for making the thread promoting Attack on Titan's Final Season, now that the manga has ended I wholeheartedly recommend dropping that series hard and fast.

I began binge-watching other series to take my mind off the leaks for the final chapter, given how the past dozen or so chapters had been and not having much faith left Isayama could still stick the landing. Well he certainly fumbled it in magnificent fashion and right now I need something to take my mind off of two major disappointments.

I've finished it now and I didn't mind the finale, so I would still recommend it to people. It's the worst season since the first one, but it still ends on a 7/10 episode for me personally.

Mystical, quasi-religious, supernatural bullshit that leads up to it aside, the final scene is sufficiently emotional and a good way to end the show imo, given all the hellish stuff the key characters went through together over the course of several years.

---

On a related matter, I'm perfectly happy to watch shows that are atrociously written towards the end, or which have a widely hated final episode. Dexter, for example, Game of Thrones, or Mr. Robot (which had an even worse final episode imo, though most fans loved it for some reason). I'm really glad I watched all of those shows and love all of them. The final hour isn't as important to me as the show as a whole and consistent quality across the course of dozens of hours.