By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Whatchu Watchin?

The_Yoda said:
Leynos said:

Tried Wanda Vision.

IT'S SO FUCKING BORING. The show sucks shit.

First two and a half episodes were hard to watch for me, but it got better after that.

Just finished Firefly /Serenity last night ... sadly it didn't take too long to do that.

I had nothing better to do so I forced myself through it. The show was terrible all the way through. Been in an MCU fix and watching everything MCU...except Captain Marvel since that movie is such shit. I like Olsen as the character but that show is just unbearable. So badly written with lines like "They will never know what you sacrificed" oh like a fake family while taking people as slaves? Yeah, fuck that show.  Falcon and The Winter Soldier had a better start.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Around the Network
Captain_Yuri said:

Watched Snyder's Cut for Justice League.

Surprisingly good! Not flawless but I really enjoyed it even though the movie is 4 hours long. Would love to see a sequel if that ever happens

Just as a warning, the entire movie is in 4:3 aspect ratio.

Just finished watching it too and it's a huge improvement on the theatrical release.

There were clearly pacing issues in the original release and obvious cuts made to condense the film down to 2 hours but Snyders's cut does away with this.. and fleshes out the characters a lot more. Did like the little back stories. Also some very cool new scenes (won't ruin it for people who haven't seen it).

But yeah I'd too love a new JL sequel. Sadly don't see it happening due to this movie semi flopping. Plus with Affleck out of the game and Snyder and Warner Bros. lack of interest in continuing the franchise, it's hard to see anyone making a JL 2 movie. Let's hope though! Want to see an epic battle with Supes Vs Darkseid.

Machina said:

Currently finishing The 100. Show has come a looooong way since the first few episodes, which were pretty cringey at times. Glad I stuck with it.

Couple days ago I was so grateful to you for recommending this. Now I truly hate you for it. One of the dumbest things you can do is to recommend a series before you've actually finished it.

The one silver lining is that it gave me newfound perspective of how Game of Thrones season 8 is nowhere near as bad as people keep telling themselves. I already felt that way but that feeling is reinforced now. At the very least, Game of Thrones including season 8 is still re-watchable.

Thanks for the tainted memories.

Side-note for everyone else in the thread: So I don't ignore my own hypocrisy for making the thread promoting Attack on Titan's Final Season, now that the manga has ended I wholeheartedly recommend dropping that series hard and fast.

I began binge-watching other series to take my mind off the leaks for the final chapter, given how the past dozen or so chapters had been and not having much faith left Isayama could still stick the landing. Well he certainly fumbled it in magnificent fashion and right now I need something to take my mind off of two major disappointments.

Machina said:
Shaunodon said:

Couple days ago I was so grateful to you for recommending this. Now I truly hate you for it. One of the dumbest things you can do is to recommend a series before you've actually finished it.

The one silver lining is that it gave me newfound perspective of how Game of Thrones season 8 is nowhere near as bad as people keep telling themselves. I already felt that way but that feeling is reinforced now. At the very least, Game of Thrones including season 8 is still re-watchable.

Thanks for the tainted memories.

Side-note for everyone else in the thread: So I don't ignore my own hypocrisy for making the thread promoting Attack on Titan's Final Season, now that the manga has ended I wholeheartedly recommend dropping that series hard and fast.

I began binge-watching other series to take my mind off the leaks for the final chapter, given how the past dozen or so chapters had been and not having much faith left Isayama could still stick the landing. Well he certainly fumbled it in magnificent fashion and right now I need something to take my mind off of two major disappointments.

I've finished it now and I didn't mind the finale, so I would still recommend it to people. It's the worst season since the first one, but it still ends on a 7/10 episode for me personally.

Mystical, quasi-religious, supernatural bullshit that leads up to it aside, the final scene is sufficiently emotional and a good way to end the show imo, given all the hellish stuff the key characters went through together over the course of several years.

---

On a related matter, I'm perfectly happy to watch shows that are atrociously written towards the end, or which have a widely hated final episode. Dexter, for example, Game of Thrones, or Mr. Robot (which had an even worse final episode imo, though most fans loved it for some reason). I'm really glad I watched all of those shows and love all of them. The final hour isn't as important to me as the show as a whole and consistent quality across the course of dozens of hours.

Maybe for you personally, but the general consensus is that the final season and in particular the final few episodes irreparably destroy the continuity, making all the stakes built up to that point completely moot and worthless while pissing away one of the best character arcs for cheap (and re-used) gimmicks. The show, including all the seasons I truly loved are now un-watchable for me and the memories all tainted. You might be satisfied enough with that pretentious garbage but I'm not and would've liked to be informed before investing myself into the series.

Machina said:
Shaunodon said:

Maybe for you personally, but the general consensus is that the final season and in particular the final few episodes irreparably destroy the continuity, making all the stakes built up to that point completely moot and worthless while pissing away one of the best character arcs for cheap (and re-used) gimmicks. The show, including all the seasons I truly loved are now un-watchable for me and the memories all tainted. You might be satisfied enough with that pretentious garbage but I'm not and would've liked to be informed before investing myself into the series.

The final episode has a 6.9 rating on IMDb, so not far out of line with my opinion, though I'll grant you that I'm usually a much harsher rater on there than most and find IMDb ratings to be slightly too inflated. It's episode 13 of 16 that most fans hate, because of the character death you touch on in your post.

And my recommendation, such that it was (I wasn't necessarily recommending it, just saying I was watching it and was glad I'd stuck with it through the teeny-fest initial episodes), was based on my opinion in the first place, so...

You're right. In hindsight you never truly recommended it.

While that particular episode/death is the most egregious by far, I'd still argue none of the endings are truly satisfying, because they never actually achieved anything they were aiming for and the show instead went full Lost. None of what they worked toward in the final season was ever part of the series until the showrunner and his ego chose to hamfist it in, so everything built up to that point is now totally worthless to me along with it. But that's my opinion.

Around the Network

Introduced my little bro to Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance recently. An underappreciated masterpiece of a show in my book. Travesty it was cancelled so soon. I can only hope another company picks it up for more seasons. The puppets can take a little time to get used to, but the craft and artistry on display is second to none. Give the first episode a chance and I doubt you'll be able to stop there.

Currently watching The Falcon and the Winter Soldier. Enjoying it a lot.

Finally got around to watching Arrival and was very impressed, best film I've seen in a long time. The performances, direction, script, atmosphere, effects, music, all incredible.

Last edited by curl-6 - on 17 April 2021

curl-6 said:

Finally got around to watching Arrival and was very impressed, best film I've seen in a long time. The performance, direction, script, atmosphere, effects, music, all incredible.

Denis Villeneuve is the shit. Looking forward to Dune.

Just binged through Castlevania (three seasons) on Netflix and man what a great show. Highly recommend for anyone who's into supernatural/fantasy stories. Apparently going to end with Season 4 which should air soon and have a spin off series from it.

Might go through Cobra Kai next.. will see. Anyone recommend a good anime on Netflix?