By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Kakadu18 said:
CaptainExplosion said:

What?

He enjoys staring at shit.

Jk, he obviously saw GotG3 and thought it was holy shit.

fucking.

Around the Network
Kakadu18 said:
CaptainExplosion said:

What?

He enjoys staring at shit.

Jk, he obviously saw GotG3 and thought it was holy shit.

I just saw it, it had some flaws, but I thought it was still very good. Even though it punched me in the heart, a lot.

Finishing up a sizeable series this weekend, but just wanted to share one of the coolest vids I've seen in a while:

This charming little stop motion short with music by Power Rangers composer Ron Wasserman.

Guardians of the Galaxy 3: Didn't live up to the hype for me, but there were still some good moments. Most of the jokes barely got any reaction out of the audience, most of the action barely did anything for me, there was a ton of tonal whiplash from one emotional extreme to the next, a couple bits frankly felt too dark for the IP, and the ending was kinda cheesy. That said, Rocket's story was pretty satisfying, the Beastie Boys oner was worth the price of admission on its own, and it was still nice to say goodbye to this chapter of the Guardians.

Around the Network

Spider-Man: Across the Spider-verse: Sony's done it again! They cranked the visuals up to 11, the writing is sharp, the animation is as nice as ever, and they did a great job of introducing some compelling new characters. They turned a D-list villain into a serious threat, there are great cameos out the wazoo, and I'm sure a lot of people are going to have a new favorite spider in Hobie, the Spider-Punk; he sure leaves quite an impression. Enough can't be said about the crazy visuals; so many distinct and striking art styles collide in this movie it's almost too much but in a good way. They've certainly outdone themselves and if the third entry next year keeps pace this will become the next great trilogy in cinema.

I began watching Brooklyn99 on TV a couple of weeks ago. I'm really enjoying it.

By the way, Terry Crews is really good at comedy series and movies. He was great as Julius in Everybody Hates Chris.

Moonbeam City: Surprised I had never heard or seen anything of this before, considering I'm a big synthwave fan. Someone recommended it in a recent video essay about the art of Patrick Nagel and I had to give it a watch. It's fairly low brow and thin but I'm glad I did all the same. The visuals are beautiful and the characters can be pretty funny, especially Will Forte's. I'd watch more if they made more. Recommended if you didn't get enough Archer: Vice.

Last edited by TallSilhouette - on 07 June 2023

Finally saw Spider-Verse. I say finally because even though it's been only a week, it's been hell trying to dodge spoilers over this week. And yeah a lot of it was spoiled, but it wasn't too bad overall.

Yeah it was pretty amazing. Visually it's a serious step up from the first one, like setting a new bar for animation, obviously it won't have the same impact as the first one but it really shows how insanely far a computer animation can go. Story was... Well the first half of the movie I thought was a bit confused, too overwhelming and full of crazy shit with not enough time to breathe. But it's one of those where there's the one scene where it all clicks and from that point on you're absolutely hooked. Hopefully the next movie keeps that pacing throughout.

Honestly I gotta say, out of all the Marvel movies to come out in 2023, this one might seriously be the second best. (I jest, obviously it will be second best cause ain't nothing else topping this)

Trying to catch up to anime that I missed while I was out for two weeks in Europe.

Anyways, I did watch 50 Shades of Grey....it was so bad and considering that I want to finish full series/stories if I started on one thing, I'm gonna have to eventually watch the two sequels lol.

This weekend I plan to watch Shazam 2 and Avatar 2 though.