By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Watching the Smurfs reboot. One of the only good cartoon reboots.

Around the Network

Top Gun Maverick

The first hour and a half is good. The last half an hour is spectacular. Some of the best action scenes I've seen in a while.

A great example of how to do a sequel right, respecting the source material while not being limited by it.

More Smurfs 2021. I wouldn't bat an eye if Gargamel killed Jokey Smurf.

Finally finished Dark. I was quite impressed yet again. I gotta say it get's pretty darn complicated as the series goes on though. So complicated with so much back and forth it actually took a little away from the experience. The fact it was all in German so I had to read everything being said also took a bit away, mostly because of trying to follow along with the complexity of it all. I think it could've had a better ending, but it wasn't bad, just not the highlight of the show. It's very well done overall, and I really enjoyed it. Depth and complexity like this is so rare today. It's far better than just more mindless shooting and explosions.
I think I like 1899 better though, apart from the fact it's getting screwed out of the rest of it's seasons. Being in English helped, while being a little less complex than Dark (perhaps due to better presentation). I also found the setting, characters, and overall visuals to be more pleasing. I really hope Netflix has a change of heart.

Brooklyn Nine Nine. They thought giggle pig was gonna be the new crack. They clearly didn't anticipate the fentanyl crisis. -_-

Around the Network

Puss in Boots The Last Wish is so good wtf

mZuzek said:

Right? What a sleeper!

mZuzek said:

Wow it's rated as highly as the original Shrek on IMDB.

Wild. 

Currently watching "The Good Doctor", it was great through seasons 1 and 2, but it lost quite a bit during season 3. Just started season 4, and I'm about 7-8 episodes in, and I think I may have to let this one go. The original focus is gone - my main interest from the beginning was the autistic main character and how he was portrayed (I work with autistic kids, on my 10th year now). A real letdown when shows lose their traction.

I'm gonna start with "Attack on Titan" sometime in the coming days.

Seinfeld, with Wayne Knight after he was eaten by a dinosaur.