By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
SvennoJ said:

We watched Wednesday, that was really good. Tim Burton still has it! I hope it gets another season.

Funny thing about that, Amazon now owns MGM who produced Wednesday, so Amazon is now responsible for one of Netflix's biggest shows.

It'll still get renewed though. Hopefully Ortega and Myers get a big pay rise from Amazon.

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 28 December 2022

Around the Network
Ryuu96 said:
SvennoJ said:

We watched Wednesday, that was really good. Tim Burton still has it! I hope it gets another season.

Funny thing about that, Amazon now owns MGM who produced Wednesday, so Amazon is now responsible for one of Netflix's biggest shows.

It'll still get renewed though. Hopefully Ortega and Myers get a big pay rise from Amazon.

Hmm, does that mean that season two will be on Amazon Prime or does Netflix still own the IP? Fuck this new TV age.

Loved the directing and film style. I see a lot of Wes Anderson influence in how all the close ups are directed. And then back to the drudge. Next 'recommendation' was the school for bad and evil, it's bad alright.

SvennoJ said:
Ryuu96 said:

Hmm, does that mean that season two will be on Amazon Prime or does Netflix still own the IP? Fuck this new TV age.

Loved the directing and film style. I see a lot of Wes Anderson influence in how all the close ups are directed. And then back to the drudge. Next 'recommendation' was the school for bad and evil, it's bad alright.

Don't know if Netflix ever owned the IP, I think they're just the distributors, I seriously doubt that anything changes, Netflix likely has distribution rights to this specific show anyway and it makes money so there's no point fucking up a good thing, Amazon's MGM is responsible for a bunch of shows for other networks as well.

Finished two more anime

More than a Married Couple, but Not Lovers.

and

Chainsaw Man

Too bad the anime thread here is dead.

Knives Out

Avoided it for a while cos the only other Rian Johnson film I'd seen was The Last Jedi which was shit, but I'm glad I gave it the benefit of the doubt as it's a wonderful film with terrific performances and writing, and a verve and energy you just don't get from 99% of movies.

Around the Network

Finished a 1986 anime movie by the name of "Open the Door" (Tobira wo Akete).

It was okay.

Its basically a isekai anime but its from 1986 way way way before isekai became mainstream lol

curl-6 said:

Knives Out

Avoided it for a while cos the only other Rian Johnson film I'd seen was The Last Jedi which was shit, but I'm glad I gave it the benefit of the doubt as it's a wonderful film with terrific performances and writing, and a verve and energy you just don't get from 99% of movies.

Is it better than Glass Onion? I watched that yesterday and it wasn't very good. Pretty to look at but the story sucked and the editing didn't leave any room for speculation. It just spells it all out.

Knives out isn't streaming here, CAD 70 for blu-ray, CAD 36 for 4K version, wth. "We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock."
Love the streaming age, not.

Anyway I love a good murder mystery, but Glass Onion isn't it. If Knives out is more like Murder on the Orient Express and Death on the Nile (Hercule Poirot) then I'll keep looking for it :)

SvennoJ said:
curl-6 said:

Knives Out

Is it better than Glass Onion? I watched that yesterday and it wasn't very good. Pretty to look at but the story sucked and the editing didn't leave any room for speculation. It just spells it all out.

Knives out isn't streaming here, CAD 70 for blu-ray, CAD 36 for 4K version, wth. "We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock."
Love the streaming age, not.

Anyway I love a good murder mystery, but Glass Onion isn't it. If Knives out is more like Murder on the Orient Express and Death on the Nile (Hercule Poirot) then I'll keep looking for it :)

I have not seen Glass Onion yet, but I'm under the impression they're very much cut from the same cloth so Knives Out may not be your cup of tea.

Check out Looper and Brick some time if you get the chance. The latter is a more noirish murder mystery. A different kind of tongue in cheek that takes itself a bit more seriously. One of my favorite films.

TallSilhouette said:

Check out Looper and Brick some time if you get the chance. The latter is a more noirish murder mystery. A different kind of tongue in cheek that takes itself a bit more seriously. One of my favorite films.

I have Looper, was good. Brick looks interesting, I put it on my look out for list. (Currently not available at Amazon, not on Netflix)