By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Season 5 of Rick & Morty.

It's still good fun, which is more than can be said for a lot of shows once they reach a 5th season. The novelty has understandably dimmed a little but its impressive how much mileage they continue to get out of a concept most creators would have drained dry by now. I enjoyed it.

Around the Network

Been rewatching the MCU films lately. Yesterday, I finished rewatching Iron Man 3. Still like it. Currently rewatching Captain America: The Winter Soldier.

I tried Money Heist Season 5, but who ever is making that has their head so far up their own arse it's not even good watching high anymore. What was a total mind fuck was switching to Squid game (Netflix popped that up).

https://www.forbes.com/sites/paultassi/2021/09/21/squid-game-soars-to-1-on-netflix-and-is-a-must-watch/?sh=1c1dbb436f40

I watched Tenet last week, interesting take on time 'travel'.

SvennoJ said:

I tried Money Heist Season 5, but who ever is making that has their head so far up their own arse it's not even good watching high anymore. What was a total mind fuck was switching to Squid game (Netflix popped that up).

https://www.forbes.com/sites/paultassi/2021/09/21/squid-game-soars-to-1-on-netflix-and-is-a-must-watch/?sh=1c1dbb436f40

Can't comment on Money Heist but Squid Game.. that was a brilliant show. Binged through it in a week and left wanting more. Not usually into these game/battle royale kinda shows but this one damn good. Just wait until the later episodes! Man.. Koreans really upping their game with quality series. Favourite show by far this year.

I tried watching Tenet think last year and though I loved Inception (and like stories with time in them), but I couldn't get into it. Dropped it half way through. Might try and watch it all the way through. Does it get better towards the end?

hinch said:
SvennoJ said:

Can't comment on Money Height but Squid Game.. that was a brilliant show. Binged through it in a week and left wanting more. Not usually into these game/battle royale kinda shows but this one damn good. Just wait until the later episodes! Man.. Koreans really upping their game with quality series. Favourite show by far this year.

I tried watching Tenet think last year and though I loved Inception (and like stories with time in them), but I couldn't get into it. Dropped it half way through. Might try and watch it all the way through. Does it get better towards the end?

Tenet is definitely one of Nolan's most uneven films, but it's definitely worth finishing at least once to me.

I'll have to watch Squid Game some time. The trailer certainly looked interesting.

Around the Network

My thoughts as well. I do like the premise though the story felt slow and MC kinda falls flat. Also with Zimmer's 'waah' missing a lot of the vibe is gone, at least with the soundtrack. But I'll give it another go when I'm in the mood for some sci-fi. I'm a stickler for time travel type movies so lol.

Yeah I just randomly put it on as it was on my front page and couldn't stop watching. Definetely would recommend, if you're looking for something to watch.

Finally started Rick and Morty. in season 2

Yeah Tenet had some great highlights but ultimately I thought it tried to be a bit too clever for its own good and just ended up convoluted.

As for me, just finished the final season of Brooklyn 99. A fitting sendoff for an amazing show. Saying goodbye to these characters felt like saying goodbye to old friends. I'm sorry to see it go but at least it finished strong instead of outstaying its welcome as so many shows do.

hinch said:
SvennoJ said:

Can't comment on Money Heist but Squid Game.. that was a brilliant show. Binged through it in a week and left wanting more. Not usually into these game/battle royale kinda shows but this one damn good. Just wait until the later episodes! Man.. Koreans really upping their game with quality series. Favourite show by far this year.

It gets more interesting towards the end since it's basically the same but now in reverse perspective. I watched it in two halves as well. It was indeed hard to get into but worth watching to the end.

I'll be watching more Squid game tonight, first episode is already like Alice in borderland dialed up to 11. Sisyphus was also interesting, ground hog day meets time travel.

About to watch Squid Game as well; seems to be the hot new battle royale Netflix is promoting, but this time it's Korean. Reviews are good so far too. As for what else I've seen recently:

-The Age of Innocence. Intensely well made romance/drama. Scorsese and Daniel Day-Lewis are just in another league. Quite slow and not for everyone.

-Let the Right One In. A modern, psuedo-realistic take on a vampire story. Main characters are kids but definitely not a movie for kids.

-Let Me In. American remake of Let the Right One In. Better production value, more actual horror and tension, generally better quality but slightly less personal storylines and less detailed characters. Both versions are fairly good and this one doesn't require subtitles (assuming you're not fluent in Swedish).

-You. Binged through both seasons last weekend. Less sinister and a lot funnier than I was expecting. Still creepy but very entertaining. Looking forward to season 3 next month.

Currently also watching Paranoia Agent. Don't have much to say yet, other than I'm glad episode 5 was a lot more light-hearted and brought some levity after the previous 2 episodes.