By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Well, looks like next gen didn't kill Switch third party support

bowserthedog said:
Pemalite said:

Anyone's individualistic views are pretty irrelevant to what Nintendo will or will not do.

Nintendo have always done "their own thing" irrespective of the market or the consumer.

Keep in mind that games on the Switch are already designed with higher resolutions/graphics and sometimes framerates thanks to the docked mode, which doesn't get used in handheld mode, that is something that can be taken advantage of in the future. - Will Nintendo do it? Who knows.

Im not basing this based on views..  Im basing it on the leaks on Resetera from validated insiders as well as the Nintendo President's recent comments about how times have changed and they no longer view things in terms of fun not being associated with powerful hardware. 

You opened your statement with "I view the Switch Pro".

Thus anything after that to me just says personal opinion.

Resetera leaks are leaks... And like all leaks, should also be taken with a leaky grain of salt until it's confirmed.. Because for every accurate leak, we get several inaccurate ones as game development, console development can and will change as market and technology changes.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Around the Network
Agente42 said:
Chrkeller said:

Why would Nintendo release a switch 2 when sales are so great?

Agreed. If ahave a game company, I will wait for Sony/Microsoft to grow in userbase and launch my games on PS4/XBOXone/Switch/Pc. 

The Microsoft and sony new-gen only in 2023. 

And the longer Nintendo waits, the bigger jump there will be in technology.  Don't get me wrong, a Switch 2 isn't going to be a portable ps5, but in 2023 I could see it pushing ps4 pro levels.

I guess the other thing to remember is that even ports take time; they typically seem to take about a year to make, which why every year the Switch gets more ports than the year before, because sales are higher each year. This year we're seeing the fruits of Switch's 2020 performance in terms of third parties bringing their pre-existing games over.

If DOOM 2024 releases on Switch's soft/full successor, I'll shit my pants.

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

Metallox said:

We would never know, because it will likely be exclusive to MS/PC platforms.

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

Around the Network
Shiken said:
Metallox said:

We would never know, because it will likely be exclusive to MS/PC platforms.

Are we fully certain now that the deal is effectively going to make Bethesda games exclusive to Microsoft? I have no idea, I'm genuinely curious to know. Because the Microsoft of today seems rather open with anything that doesn't deal with PlayStation. 

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

Yeah I remain skeptical about Bethesda games being MS exclusive from now on, I can't see the next Fallout, Doom, or Elder Scrolls not coming to PS5, given how much money they'd make there. I expect timed exclusivity only.

Time will tell, but given how aggressive Sony is with 3rd party exclusives, I can see MS hitting back. More people coming to gamepass on XBox or PC will mean more to MS than extra sales on PS afterall.

Shiken said:

Time will tell, but given how aggressive Sony is with 3rd party exclusives, I can see MS hitting back. More people coming to gamepass on XBox or PC will mean more to MS than extra sales on PS afterall.

I think Microsoft wanted the deal to have Bethesda games first on Gamepass, then letting them release in other platforms a few months later. That's how I imagine how restrictive Micro could become at most, anything more than that seems too much. I could be totally wrong, though. 

Metallox said:
Shiken said:

I think Microsoft wanted the deal to have Bethesda games first on Gamepass, then letting them release in other platforms a few months later. That's how I imagine how restrictive Micro could become at most, anything more than that seems too much. I could be totally wrong, though. 

That was the minimum that was stated could happen.  They cannot go into detail about their full plan, and see that statement as nothing but PR till the deal is closed.  I will honestly be more suprised if Bethesda games come to PS than if the next DOOM could run on the current Switch.

But this is speculation till the deal is closed and MS can actually say something regarding exclusivity.