By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Well, looks like next gen didn't kill Switch third party support

People are silly listing how many of their games are third party vs Nintendo games. Smh. I'm talking about AAA games. The AAA games I play? 90 percent don't come to Switch so you couldn't buy them on Switch if you wanted to.

Around the Network
CarcharodonKraz said:
Mnementh said:

Side question: Why buy these games you mention on console at all? As you mention, even on PS5 you have an inferior experience compared to the PC. That's how I see it. PC is for the AAA-cookie cutter crap like Cyberpunk and AssCreed:Valhalla and so on. While Switch is perfect for the more unique gaming experiences.

Preauming u were actually curious about said side question, I dont care for the inherent digital and online heavy market place that pcs come with.   Also w my laptop every other time I open it up some background windows process slows it to a hault for like 20min. My ps4 does not. Theres a more streamline hassle free experience w a dedicated gaming device. And I got my ps4 for 300 bundled w a game. It almost doesnt seem worth it to jump into the pc world @ that pricepoint. 

Hmm, seems like a problem with your laptop. Whereas, as you said, most people will experience AAA games with higher quality on PC: higher resolution, better framerates, ability for modding. But yeah, I see the convenience argument, so possibly some people opt for convenience over power as you do.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Alistair said:

People are silly listing how many of their games are third party vs Nintendo games. Smh. I'm talking about AAA games. The AAA games I play? 90 percent don't come to Switch so you couldn't buy them on Switch if you wanted to.

3rd party is 3rd party. The Switch for me is nowhere near to being just for Nintendo games. Most AAA games that don't come to the Switch are the type of game that launches buggy, broken and/or are full of microtransactions.

Examples: Star Wars Battlefront II, Anthem, Fallout 76, Cyberpunk 2077, Mass Effect Andromeda, Watch Dogs Legion, Madden NFL 21, CoD, Assassin's Creed, Marvel's Avengers, Outriders, Tom Clancy's etc.

Alistair said:

People buy Nintendo systems mostly for 1st party games and some 3rd party games, especially exclusive ones.

People buy Sony systems mostly for 3rd party games and some 1st party games. Are we done?

curl-6 said:

I've owned more third than first party games on most Nintendo systems I've owned, all except N64 and Gamecube actually now that I think about it.

CarcharodonKraz said:

Nmh3 may not the best representation.  Honeatly that and bayonetta are a tough call, but I am hopeful. BUT I am excited for it so I felt it would be somehow disingenuous of me not to mention it as a game u started the convo w. That being said, I dont think fall guys in on the same level as say witcher3. If I had to place nmh3 with 1 of those two games, its not going w fall guys. Im dont think im familiar enough w the others to comment.   But it seems possible that ur too caught up on my use of the word "console".  And I use it because I feel the switch is mismarketed as a hybrid. The switches games are fine for a handheld, and looking them as AAA makes more sense in that scope, but, more relevwnt to this topic, how the switch gonna handle cyberpunk when the the ps5 version drops? Its not, and itd be silly to expect that.  What do u think the chances are that, if gollum releases this year, it releases on switch, with a physical version, AND tberes no download required  and its not a buggy mess like outer worlds. How bout gotham knights (a good example of a game fitting the description that im NOT into).  Side question, would it be more logical to compare subnautia wy time at portia?

So by console you mean games that are at the high end of the console space in terms of graphics and budget then? Granted, Switch as a hybrid device that has to function as a handheld is never gonna be competitive with a dedicated home console released close to four years after it in that respect.

I guess it comes down to personal parameters then; as someone who only uses my Switch as a home console, I feel like it does just fine in this respect; games like Doom 2016/Eternal, Hellblade, Witcher 3, Ori, Sniper Elite 4, Crash 4, etc felt like "console" experiences to me and I'm sure upcoming games like Monster Hunter Rise, Subnautica Below Zero, and No More Heroes 3 will too.

I'm not familiar with My Time at Portia so I couldn't comment on that.

Four years after? I only bring up the ps5 because ur op references the new gen apecifically.  The switch has a very small fraction of the AAA games present on the ps4 as well. A bit off topic, but It kills me that 10do cant keep current with borderlands or darksiders. Not because theyre my favs (their not) but because they seem like theyd fit in so well as 10do style mrated games (a category they struggle with). But I digress. The only reason I commented at all in the 1st place is to show that it may not be as cut and dry as ur op would indicate. And, again, im happy 4u that the switch is meeting ur standards. I honestly envy ur satisfaction. But there are a good chunk of people (waning fans like myself or ppl that have left entirely) that, as u say, have those different parameters.

Around the Network
Kakadu18 said:
Alistair said:

3rd party is 3rd party. The Switch for me is nowhere near to being just for Nintendo games. Most AAA games that don't come to the Switch are the type of game that launches buggy, broken and/or are full of microtransactions.

Examples: Star Wars Battlefront II, Anthem, Fallout 76, Cyberpunk 2077, Mass Effect Andromeda, Watch Dogs Legion, Madden NFL 21, CoD, Assassin's Creed, Marvel's Avengers, Outriders, Tom Clancy's etc.

you chose the worst examples lol it seems you try to deceive yourself to not admit the lack of great games on the switch.

I will give examples

Gta5,rdr2,r2,r3,ff15,kh3,tekken,Sf, metal gear5, nier, sekiro, dark souls 3 , Batman, tomb raider ..anyway, many iconic games are off the switch, I would never have it as the main console, mainly because I like simulator  racing games.

Mano777 said:
Kakadu18 said:

you chose the worst examples lol it seems you try to deceive yourself to not admit the lack of great games on the switch.

I will give examples

Gta5,rdr2,r2,r3,ff15,kh3,tekken,Sf, metal gear5, nier, sekiro, dark souls 3 , Batman, fallout, tomb raider ..anyway, many iconic games are off the switch, I would never have it as the main console, mainly because I like simulator  racing games.

I don't see a lack of great games on the Switch looking at my balooning library of over 150 great games and over 100 more on my wish list.

Either way I'm not interested in half of what you just named and plan to by a PS5 mainly for GTA5, RDR2 and Sony 1st party games.

Kakadu18 said:
Mano777 said:

I will give examples

Gta5,rdr2,r2,r3,ff15,kh3,tekken,Sf, metal gear5, nier, sekiro, dark souls 3 , Batman, fallout, tomb raider ..anyway, many iconic games are off the switch, I would never have it as the main console, mainly because I like simulator  racing games.

I don't see a lack of great games on the Switch looking at my balooning library of over 150 great games and over 100 more on my wish list.

Either way I'm not interested in half of what you just named and plan to by a PS5 mainly for GTA5, RDR2 and Sony 1st party games.

if you're saying..unfortunately the id on the switch is not public, I don't know people who play more third-party campaign games than Nintendo on the switch, usually when it occurs with multiplayer overwach

Mano777 said:
Kakadu18 said:

I will give examples

Gta5,rdr2,r2,r3,ff15,kh3,tekken,Sf, metal gear5, nier, sekiro, dark souls 3 , Batman, tomb raider ..anyway, many iconic games are off the switch, I would never have it as the main console, mainly because I like simulator  racing games.

The thread is about 3rd-party support, and Switch undoubtedly has a lot of 3rd-party support. I could name important games that miss Playstation despite being multiplatform (*cough* Octopath Traveler *cough*), but the main point is the existing support. Kakadu said it in his post you are referring to: "3rd party is 3rd party. The Switch for me is nowhere near to being just for Nintendo games."

If you want to make a thread "Switch is missing on cherry-picked games I deem relevant", then go ahead. Just keep in mind, in the past such lists tended to include Witcher 3, Apex Legends or Overwatch. I forgot why they aren't mentioned anymore.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Mnementh said:
Mano777 said:

I will give examples

The thread is about 3rd-party support, and Switch undoubtedly has a lot of 3rd-party support. I could name important games that miss Playstation despite being multiplatform (*cough* Octopath Traveler *cough*), but the main point is the existing support. Kakadu said it in his post you are referring to: "3rd party is 3rd party. The Switch for me is nowhere near to being just for Nintendo games."

If you want to make a thread "Switch is missing on cherry-picked games I deem relevant", then go ahead. Just keep in mind, in the past such lists tended to include Witcher 3, Apex Legends or Overwatch. I forgot why they aren't mentioned anymore.

octopath ??  it looks like indie game to me, ff7 and persona 5 are much more relevant, and so far they are not on the switch cofcof

The point is if you are going to list any game then all Nintendo consoles were supported by thirds

Last edited by Mano777 - on 22 March 2021