By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Super Mario3D World + Bowsers Fury ~ IGN Review

Hynad said:
Azzanation said:

Too much Bowser.
7/10 - IGN

Would be clever... if you hadn’t ripped it off Verter...

Maybe... I don’t know, come up with your own stuff?

You don't know if he ripped it off or not. Its a pretty obvious joke to make.



Around the Network
pikashoe said:
Hynad said:

Would be clever... if you hadn’t ripped it off Verter...

Maybe... I don’t know, come up with your own stuff?

You don't know if he ripped it off or not. Its a pretty obvious joke to make.

Yeah... You’re probably right. That must be the only day he didn’t go to the comment section of the site’s articles.

But at least that joke actually rhymes with water...

Move along.



Hynad said:
pikashoe said:

You don't know if he ripped it off or not. Its a pretty obvious joke to make.

Yeah... You’re probably right. That must be the only day he didn’t go to the comment section of the site’s articles.

But at least that joke actually rhymes with water...

Move along.

OK dude you do you.



JWeinCom said:
OTBWY said:

The only problem I have is that he gave Sticker Star a higher score.

That actually kind of makes sense. Sticker star gives you no reason to engage in combat, and thus there is generally no consequence to death. Apparently, this reviewer doesn't like it when games provide some semblance of challenge.

Do you remember the guy that used to make posts here about trying games but always complaining they were too hard when he clearly didn't bother to learn the mechanics of it? Well, I think that guy got himself a job at IGN.



Signature goes here!

I'm still perplexed why a 7?



Cute and honest Sega Saturn fan, also noone should buy Sega grrrr, Sega for life.

Around the Network
dx11332sega said:

I'm still perplexed why a 7?

Non effort port and a smallish DLC for full price and full release. I mean its a great game but a low-key effort from Nintendo that not everyone will appreciate. Particularly if you already played it already on on Wii U. Otherise, its a must have for any Switch owner.



How much does it costs? Knowing Nintendo it must be full price, and If it's a 2013 game at full price in 2021 that might have a lot to do with it.
I love 3D World, and the fully cat themed Bowser's Fury feels like a nice expansion.



Hynad said:
Azzanation said:

Too much Bowser.
7/10 - IGN

Would be clever... if you hadn’t ripped it off Verter...

Maybe... I don’t know, come up with your own stuff?

I have to admit that it's a joke we both could've made independently, but I'll send him my cohort of lawyers just in case.

But seriously, thanks for the intervention.

Now that I'm posting here, I'll say that, even if it's weird that a remaster with more content has a lower score that the original game, it's true that the reviewer may not be the same person and has probably a different taste in games and maybe even a different reviewing methodology, so that 7 is also understandable. In the end, reviews are just opinions.



I have periods of social disconnection, it's a part of me that I need and keenly embrace. I'll still log in and read news and threads during those times, but I won't be (very) active on the site, so I apologize for any inconvenience that this may cause (late answers, bumps or the like).

Also...

Please, feel free to correct my English.

Okay, I only watched the 3D World's portion of his review, and if I remeber correctly, he complained about the multiplayer, fixed angles and animations (some of them). Was Bowser's Fury that much of a deal to lower the score to 7?



My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

BraLoD said:

How much does it costs? Knowing Nintendo it must be full price, and If it's a 2013 game at full price in 2021 that might have a lot to do with it.
I love 3D World, and the fully cat themed Bowser's Fury feels like a nice expansion.

Metallox said:

Okay, I only watched the 3D World's portion of his review, and if I remeber correctly, he complained about the multiplayer, fixed angles and animations (some of them). Was Bowser's Fury that much of a deal to lower the score to 7?

They actually seemed to say they liked Bowser's Fury better. The complaints all seem to revolve around the game being too hard. They even complained that when you die too many times the game gives you a golden leaf which gives you incincibility and the Tanooki suit. But, apparently being invulnerable and having a crazy good jump isn't enough because you could still potentially fall down a hole. 

Any challenge is apparently too much for this reviewer.