By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Super Mario3D World + Bowsers Fury ~ IGN Review

Too much mario 7/10
- IGN



Around the Network

I dont care about the rating, but the review itself feels like somebody is totally trolling...



IGN lacks consistency and standards
Some have said they put the IGN in ignorant.



I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Games should always be reviewed in relation to the time they come out. This wasn't a remake, it was a res/frame rate bump (I think?), with faster character movement and some additional content, so it should at LEAST get the same score as the first game got. FF7R is a game that deserves its own unique score that doesn't take into consideration the first game, but every Switch port from Wii U should be treated like Mario3D world deluxe.



The only problem I have is that he gave Sticker Star a higher score.



Around the Network
Dulfite said:

Games should always be reviewed in relation to the time they come out. This wasn't a remake, it was a res/frame rate bump (I think?), with faster character movement and some additional content, so it should at LEAST get the same score as the first game got. FF7R is a game that deserves its own unique score that doesn't take into consideration the first game, but every Switch port from Wii U should be treated like Mario3D world deluxe.

Why though? If I'm buying the game in 2021, wouldn't I be more interested in how the game stacks up against games in 2021? I mean, Super Mario Bros was a perfect 10 when it released because it blew everything back then out of the water, but it's not a masterpiece by today's standards.



Remasters or late ports often get worse scores than the original. That's certainly not uncommon not even for games that used to be the GOTY of their year.

Bioshock Collection - 84 Meta compared to the original releases of Bioshock (96), Bioshock 2 (88) and Bioshock Infinite (93)
or
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Special Edition - 81 Meta compared to the original (96 Meta).



OTBWY said:

The only problem I have is that he gave Sticker Star a higher score.

That actually kind of makes sense. Sticker star gives you no reason to engage in combat, and thus there is generally no consequence to death. Apparently, this reviewer doesn't like it when games provide some semblance of challenge.



Game is excellent, Bowser's Fury is loads of fun. IGN can rate the title whatever they want, I am enjoying it with the family.



JWeinCom said:
Dulfite said:

Games should always be reviewed in relation to the time they come out. This wasn't a remake, it was a res/frame rate bump (I think?), with faster character movement and some additional content, so it should at LEAST get the same score as the first game got. FF7R is a game that deserves its own unique score that doesn't take into consideration the first game, but every Switch port from Wii U should be treated like Mario3D world deluxe.

Why though? If I'm buying the game in 2021, wouldn't I be more interested in how the game stacks up against games in 2021? I mean, Super Mario Bros was a perfect 10 when it released because it blew everything back then out of the water, but it's not a masterpiece by today's standards.

Not to me. I just beat FF7, gave it a 9.2 based on when it came out and what we could expect of games back then. Should it instead be lower now because compared to brand new games nowadays it is terrible? Absolutely not! If they are remade entirely like FF7R, then yeah it should be reviewed by today's standards. But they didn't, so it should be reviewed by the original 2013 standard. Back then they gave it a 9. This has better speed, additional content, and looks slightly better then before, but nothing they couldn't have done on Wii U if they left it in the cooker a little longer back then.