By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Best Austin Powers movie?

What is the best Austin Powers movie?

International Man of Mystery 12 48.00%

The Spy Who Shagged Me 6 24.00%

Goldmember 7 28.00%

Total:25

As for me, International Man of Mystery has the best plot IMO, but The Spy Who Shagged Me has the best jokes. Overall, though, I give the slight edge to IMOM. Tough call, but I just think it has the best pacing of all the Austin Powers movies.

They're all good, though, even if Goldmember does reuse a lot of jokes from TSWSM. This gag from Goldmember cracks me up every time, ROFLMAO :

It's also the movie that immortalized the words "how about no?" That's gotta stand for something.

Last edited by KManX89 - on 10 February 2021

Around the Network

Goldmember, followed by International Man Of Mystery, with The Spy Who Shagged Me in a distant last place. I laughed the most at Goldmember. A good way to measure a comedy. Although the conditions for my initial viewing of Goldmember were really good. It was a lovely evening. Plus, I had low expectations since I didn't really like The Spy Who Shagged Me much at all. It felt like it was hitting the same notes again, and missing some of the charm of the original. The "fish out of water" element...it wasn't there either. And I didn't like Heather Graham in it. It's the only one in the series I didn't re-watch though. Maybe I'm being too harsh, and it would hit me better now.

Anyhoo, Goldmember.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

First one. Sequels got progressively worse.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Hard to say. The first and second one are both brilliant. Goldmember is clearly the worst though.

They are all great and hold up really well. I give the slight edge to International Man of Mystery for setting the template.

Goldmember is great though- The "Shat on a Turtle" scene, "Smoke and a Pancake", "Please Eat Some Shit", "Hard Knock Life- Musical Number" "Austin Mini Me"- I love this movie!

Last edited by Signalstar - on 10 February 2021

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1gWECYYOSo

Please Watch/Share this video so it gets shown in Hollywood.

Around the Network

Saw the first one dozens of times thought it was great, saw the second one a handful of times thought it was good, and saw the third one 1 or 2 times thought it was fine. By the 3rd one it was just the same jokes all over again. First one for sure for me.

COKTOE said:

Goldmember, followed by International Man Of Mystery, with The Spy Who Shagged Me in a distant last place. I laughed the most at Goldmember. A good way to measure a comedy. Although the conditions for my initial viewing of Goldmember were really good. It was a lovely evening. Plus, I had low expectations since I didn't really like The Spy Who Shagged Me much at all. It felt like it was hitting the same notes again, and missing some of the charm of the original. The "fish out of water" element...it wasn't there either. And I didn't like Heather Graham in it. It's the only one in the series I didn't re-watch though. Maybe I'm being too harsh, and it would hit me better now.

Anyhoo, Goldmember.

Same order for me, and same reasoning actually.  I don't think a rewatch of The Spy Who Shagged Me would change my opinion of it though.  Although this still ranks as one of my favorite Fat Bastard scenes.  He sticks the line so bluntly and perfectly.

Leynos said:

First one. Sequels got progressively worse.

This is my line of thinking. I like them all, but the quality declined gradually with each entry. Any time any of them is on TV, I will watch it.

Definitely the first one. It was the most original of the three, while the other two reused a lot of the same jokes. Plus, Elizabeth Hurley was the best/hottest Powers girl. I would say Goldmember was better than TSWSM, with the casting for the movie within a movie being funny as hell.

Yeah I’m also of the mind that the first one was the best, with sequels getting worse. Still, each is pretty great.