By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Famitsu Sales: Week 4, 2021 (Jan 18- Jan 24)

Tagged games:

PS5 performance at this point is simply phatethic.

But overall, the ones that were doing good are still doing good.Hopefully some new blood comes in to spice things up.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Around the Network

From the Lite to the PS5 Digital to Series S, the market just doesn't seem interesting in cheaper cut down models. 

Less than 1 in 8 PS5s sold this week were the digital, and less than 1 in 10 Xboxs were the Series S.

Marth said:
curl-6 said:

From the Lite to the PS5 Digital to Series S, the market just doesn't seem interesting in cheaper cut down models. 

Less than 1 in 8 PS5s sold this week were the digital, and less than 1 in 10 Xboxs were the Series S.

Both PS5 and XS sell what they ship atm.

And Sony and Microsoft won't ship the majority of units of the SKU that loses them the most money.

Very true but I guess it brings into question whether it makes business sense to have these SKU's at launch. I'd assume production would at least be a little bit aided if it was only one SKU to deal with atm.

Link_Nines.XBC said:

The top 30 is always so close to being all Switch games (at least recently) but it doesn't get quite there.
Nice to see the Switch continues being up YoY.

Probably because there are 9million PS4 owners that are hungry for new games to play. 

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Jranation said:
Link_Nines.XBC said:

The top 30 is always so close to being all Switch games (at least recently) but it doesn't get quite there.
Nice to see the Switch continues being up YoY.

Probably because there are 9million PS4 owners that are hungry for new games to play. 

Í mean, I know why, but I think it'd be cool to see a top 30 with only Switch games :P

Around the Network

I wonder if we will get a top 30 clean sweep, as PS4 winds down and PS5 takes a while to get off the ground.

For those people thinking there's no demand for ps5 in Japan https://kotaku.com/complete-chaos-in-tokyo-retailer-over-ps5-sales-1846164340/amp Don't forget there's really no big title released yet for ps5. I think it will do just fine as long as it gets final fantasy, monster hunter, resident evil, Dragon Quest, persona, etc

Last edited by Pinkie_pie - on 31 January 2021

Pinkie_pie said:

For those people thinking there's no demand for ps5 in Japan https://kotaku.com/complete-chaos-in-tokyo-retailer-over-ps5-sales-1846164340/amp Don't forget there's really no big title released yet for ps5. I think it will do just fine as long as it gets final fantasy, monster hunter, resident evil, Dragon Quest, persona, etc

Hopefully did doesnt age the same way many people expect the PS4 to surpass 10mil and beat the PS3. 

Pocky Lover Boy! 

With Nintendo's latest release, we now have updated figures as of Dec. 31, 2020.

The Switch's best selling games in Japan are as listed:

1. Animal Crossing: New Horizons - 9.19 million units

2. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate - 5.17 million units

3. Pokemon Sword/Shield - 4.99 million units

4. Splatoon 2 - 4.55 million

5. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe - 4.53 million units

6. Super Mario Odyssey - 2.62 million units

7. Ring Fit Adventure - 2.47 million units

8. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild - 2.37 million units (2.76 million units w/ the Wii U version included.)

9. Super Mario Party - 2.35 million units

10. Pokemon Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee - 2.15 million units

11. Super Mario Maker 2 - 1.4 million units

12. New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe - 1.26 million units

PAOerfulone said:

With Nintendo's latest release, we now have updated figures as of Dec. 31, 2020.

The Switch's best selling games in Japan are as listed:

1. Animal Crossing: New Horizons - 9.19 million units

Christ on a bike, that's just insane numbers for a single game in a single country, and in under a year to boot.