By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - What other gaming forums would you recommend?

RolStoppable said:
Jaicee said:

...?

That's basically me treating you like an equal before you specifically asked for it in another thread. I am not going to treat you with kids gloves because of your personal background, so a harmless joke here or there is fair game. I know you are not a man and I know you aren't so pedantic that you would freak out if you were refered to by the wrong pronoun, which is apparently a bannable offense on ResetEra.

Oooooooh, okay! That part of it was just too far down the rabbit hole for me to pick up on.

Last edited by Jaicee - on 31 January 2021

Around the Network

The worst part about Resetera is that the herd mentality also extends to gaming opinions, not just politics.

Man, you should've seen the shitshow on Resetera when Min-Min was announced for Smash. They wanted Twintelle because "Nintendo is racist".

zero129 said:
Jaicee said:

Oooooooh, okay! That part it was just too far down the rabbit hole for me to pick up on.

To try understand Rol is like trying to understand the universe itself.

Cats are cute in part because you don't always fully understand what's going through their minds and have fun guessing what it might be. It is the same with Rol.

I didn't join ResetEra okay, peeps. Don't have a cow.

Around the Network

ResetEra is fine as long you focus on the important stuff, which is the games and hardware. I don't even want to imagine how the Off-Topic forum is like.

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

Jaicee said:

[...]I have high anxiety and need to feel fundamentally safe and be treated like I'm human.[...]

I'm just dropping by to say that the fact the bold part is not taken for granted speaks a lot of the world we live in and how much we still have left to do.

I'm mostly a lurker now.

Metallox said:

ResetEra is fine as long you focus on the important stuff, which is the games and hardware. I don't even want to imagine how the Off-Topic forum is like.

Do you mean this ? What’s so wrong with this.

https://www.resetera.com/forums/etcetera-forum.9/

In my experience resetera's toxicity mostly comes in the form of not being allowed to disagree with the very often radical or aggressive views of the mods and many of the users.

For example you're not allowed to say for example that you enjoyed a game where one of the people who made it once made a politically incorrect comment, or that you like attractive women in games. If you go against the flow you're quickly banned to preserve the echo chamber.

They have a long laundry list of sites and people relevant to gaming who aren't even allowed to be mentioned because they may have said something "problematic" once.

Last edited by curl-6 - on 10 February 2021

RolStoppable said:
curl-6 said:

In my experience resetera's toxicity mostly comes in the form of not being allowed to disagree with the very often radical or aggressive views of the mods and many of the users.

For example you're not allowed to say for example that you enjoyed a game where one of the people who made it once made a politically incorrect comment, or that you like attractive women in games. If you go against the flow you're quickly banned to preserve the echo chamber.

They have a long laundry list of sites and people relevant to gaming who aren't even allowed to be mentioned because they may have said something "problematic" once.

Yes, they are very strict about certain topics. On the flipside, whatever doesn't fall into said category is met with very lenient moderation. When you browse through their gaming discussions that aren't about anything political, it's common practice that people respond with insulting oneliners where they don't present anything of substance and instead only attack posters who they disagree with. That makes ResetEra a weird place, because on one hand they follow a very curated line, but on the other hand they aren't far above a Youtube comments section.

Yeah I have noticed that; saying you enjoyed a game from CD Projekt Red or Ubisoft is more likely to get you a ban than actual blatant brand/fanbase trolling.