By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - What other gaming forums would you recommend?

kirby007 said:
Mummelmann said:

This thread has long-ass posts with actual content and arguments. I believe I like that. Unfortunately, there are very few gaming forums with as much headroom as in here, this thread and some of the posts contained within will probably be difficult, or even impossible, to start and maintain on most forums. I stopped posting in other forums long ago; shit is just too toxic and monocultural most of the time, in whichever direction.

you need someone to be your johnlucas

I don't think I have time for that type of posting anymore!

Around the Network

At this point, can anyone even recommend any gaming boards that aren't a barren wasteland?

Even IGN is getting quiet as the grave these days. Resetera's off limits and I've heard Neogaf is just as toxic in the opposite direction, while I remember GameFAQs being troll central, but I'm revisiting it just to stave off boredom.

I can actually recommend one myself now; Famiboards.

It's a Nintendo focused site, though there is discussion of other platforms in a smaller capacity, and it's very lively, welcoming, and well run. I'm having a great time on there.

BraLoD said:

I wouldn't recommned even VGChartz...
Use this chance to play a bit more or do something better, like watching cat videos.

Well I thought you were slipping and letting a perfect opportunity to encourage them to do something even worse like play TLoD, then I noticed your do something better comment so that automatically ruled that out.

Last edited by mjk45 - on 20 December 2021

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

curl-6 said:

At this point, can anyone even recommend any gaming boards that aren't a barren wasteland?

Even IGN is getting quiet as the grave these days. Resetera's off limits and I've heard Neogaf is just as toxic in the opposite direction, while I remember GameFAQs being troll central, but I'm revisiting it just to stave off boredom.

I  have been a member here since May 2008 and have used it exclusively for gaming since 2011 , but I recently joined Reddit to engage with the Halo subreddit and so far so good , but it's left me wondering are there other gaming subreddits worth checking out and how is it overall?

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot