By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Jranation said:

As long as they keep the previous set of characters then it should be fine. People will probably start getting mad when they see fire emblem characters in Mario Kart......

They could just add an option to disable certain characters and then those that don't want them shouldn't have an issue.

Actually, they should do that regardless since I absolutely hate seeing the stupid baby characters in the game already!

Around the Network

I think from The gamers perspective a new Mario Kart is overdue. But, from Nintendo's perspective, it's hard for me to see why they would release one right now. Mario Kart 8 deluxe is still selling very well. The only way I see it coming to Switch is if it's something like a launch title for a mid-gen upgrade.

That bank said, I certainly hope it's true. I'm disappointed that there isn't a new Mario Kart game on switch.

Taking 4chan rumors seriously lol

A new Diddy Kong Racing would make much more sense.

The MK team within Nintendo has rather the option to develop more unique and new games like they did with ARMS instead of another MK, which would be completely redundant when MK8D sells so exceptionally well. 

Gameplay > Graphics

Substance > Style

Art Direction > Realism

Around the Network

I'm fine with MK9 being switch 2 in 2023 to 2024. MK8 is easily the best kart game to date, it will take time to develop something better.

Unsubstantiated rumors are kind of the worse type of rumor ... At best to me, the MK team is working on a new project for the Switch or/and have begun developpement of MK9 for the next generation system.

That's a sure cartridge Nintendo should keep close to their chest, no use of wasting on an already proven console which has the best selling MK game to date.

Last edited by Mar1217 - on 19 January 2021

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

Chrkeller said:

I'm fine with MK9 being switch 2 in 2023 to 2024. MK8 is easily the best kart game to date, it will take time to develop something better.

Well, allow me to tell you, it's been more than six years since it first released. Maybe it's indeed time for a new one? 

It has been six years but MK8 also received some of the best DLC i have seen in gaming.

I would prefer an Odyssey 2 over MK9. I only want so many kart racing games.

Should go with a multiplayer game in an other genre and let MK rest for next gen. (except DLC)