By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Do you prefer First Person Shooters or Third Person Shooters?

What do you prefer?

First Person Shooters 15 21.43%

Third Person Shooters 29 41.43%

Depends on the game 24 34.29%

To be honest, none of them 2 2.86%

Total:70

If I recall correctly it wasn't that long ago we had this same thread and my answer is the same, I enjoy both so I find that if I don't like a game it's not because of the viewpoint more to do with the camera, having said that I do like games that give you the option of both, one more thing and it was mentioned last time there should a I prefer both views answer.

Last edited by mjk45 - on 19 January 2021

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

Around the Network

First person shooters, it's more immersive and intense experiencing the action from my avatar's point of view, it places me more in the action.

Last edited by curl-6 - on 19 January 2021

I prefer 3rd person with a traditional Screen and Gamepad.

1st person in VR with Motion is great as well.

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

First person overall, but still enjoy third person. I usually go back and forth.

Ka-pi96 said:
mjk45 said:

If I recall correctly it wasn't that long ago we had this same thread and my answer is the same, I enjoy both so I find that if I don't like a game it's not because of the viewpoint more to do with the camera, having said that I do like games that give you the option of both, one more thing and it was mentioned last time there should a I prefer both views answer.

That wouldn't really be "prefer" though. An "I like both views" answer? Fine, but "prefer" means like more than something else, so they can't both be equal.

Thanks for pointing that out you are correct, I thought something seemed off about the option but left it since had to go out.

Now to semantics, It is possible to prefer two things but unlike my wording you need to preference them against something else .

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

Around the Network

I don't like shooters that much though maybe I should give a try to a shooter sometime. Have heard titanfall 2 is good so will try that when it drops on gamepass pc.

Matsku said:

I don't like shooters that much though maybe I should give a try to a shooter sometime. Have heard titanfall 2 is good so will try that when it drops on gamepass pc.

Alternately.. the game is on sale on PSN (UK/Europe) for £4.24. I bought it yesterday, hearing some good things about the SP campaign.

I don't have a real preference. I just like good games. That being said, I play way more FPS than TPS games.

Last edited by VAMatt - on 20 January 2021

It depends on the game.

Fast paced shooters than FPS.

Slow stealthy games then TPS. I recall when EA on gamecube changed Bond to a TPS. I was so pissed off, angry ready to kill lol. But then when I got the game I actually enjoyed it the way they tackled it. From memory Everything or nothing?

I enjoy both, but I have a preference for 3rd person shooters. Nothing wrong with 1st person in general, but the gameplay feels more restricted due to the point of view IMO. With the camera further out for 3rd person and no obstruction of view to your surroundings, there is more room to get creative and spice up the actual gameplay. Not to say you couldn't do it in 1st person as well, but when it comes to gameplay variety, it seem 3rd person more often than not does a better job.

And it is nice to see your character.  Really wish Cyberpunk had a 3rd person option.

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261