By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Do you prefer First Person Shooters or Third Person Shooters?

What do you prefer?

First Person Shooters 15 21.74%

Third Person Shooters 29 42.03%

Depends on the game 23 33.33%

To be honest, none of them 2 2.90%

Total:69
Matsku said:

I don't like shooters that much though maybe I should give a try to a shooter sometime. Have heard titanfall 2 is good so will try that when it drops on gamepass pc.

Alternately.. the game is on sale on PSN (UK/Europe) for £4.24. I bought it yesterday, hearing some good things about the SP campaign.

Around the Network

I don't have a real preference. I just like good games. That being said, I play way more FPS than TPS games.

Last edited by VAMatt - on 20 January 2021

It depends on the game.

Fast paced shooters than FPS.

Slow stealthy games then TPS. I recall when EA on gamecube changed Bond to a TPS. I was so pissed off, angry ready to kill lol. But then when I got the game I actually enjoyed it the way they tackled it. From memory Everything or nothing?

I enjoy both, but I have a preference for 3rd person shooters. Nothing wrong with 1st person in general, but the gameplay feels more restricted due to the point of view IMO. With the camera further out for 3rd person and no obstruction of view to your surroundings, there is more room to get creative and spice up the actual gameplay. Not to say you couldn't do it in 1st person as well, but when it comes to gameplay variety, it seem 3rd person more often than not does a better job.

And it is nice to see your character.  Really wish Cyberpunk had a 3rd person option.

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

Third person, cover works better in third person, also its more compatible with action adventure games. But I can enjoy games like Killzone.

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

Around the Network

Historically, I've always been opposed to playing as a floating gun or really any first person games that weren't in VR. Played a lot of them. At one point, I had more first person games in my library than anything else despite a preference for 3rd person. It kept me away from several games like Bioshock Infinite, Fallout series, and Skyrim (until I leaned there was a 3rd person mode).

Anyway, I prefer 3rd person everything.

Twitter: @d21lewis

It depends on the genre.

Personally, I'm not a fan of FPS with a few exceptions like Titanfall 2 and Doom Eternal, I think its better suited for RPG's like Fallout 4 and Skyrim. Third person has a lot more flexibility because of the FOV.

To me t don't matter I love gears series and halo series same for socom and rainbow six even though I'm easy.

I game on all consoles and PC

My youtube Channel:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2EeIs1FP89Oz7du7IAEbqg?view_as=subscriber

d21lewis said:

Historically, I've always been opposed to playing as a floating gun or really any first person games that weren't in VR. Played a lot of them. At one point, I had more first person games in my library than anything else despite a preference for 3rd person. It kept me away from several games like Bioshock Infinite, Fallout series, and Skyrim (until I leaned there was a 3rd person mode).

Anyway, I prefer 3rd person everything.

Did you play the original Bioshock ? plus don't confuse 3rd person with threesome .

Somehow this thread brought an old GameCube game back to my memory: Geist. I have never played it, I know it got very mediocre ratings but did anybody of you actually played this game and how do you liked it?