By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Do you prefer First Person Shooters or Third Person Shooters?

What do you prefer?

First Person Shooters 15 21.43%

Third Person Shooters 29 41.43%

Depends on the game 24 34.29%

To be honest, none of them 2 2.86%

Total:70

TPS. And I was a huge FPS fan back in the day. Way prefer the much larger FOV in action games for awareness and actually being able to see my character.

Last edited by hinch - on 18 January 2021

Around the Network

I have never liked a single FPS game. Granted I have not tried playing one for about a decade.
I think the violence become to apparent for me or I get dizzy.

Usually first person because third person relies too much on cover systems which I really dislike. They never get a nice AI for the enemies and you just need to stay there in cover waiting for the enemy to pop out out of cover.
First person usually flows much better.

Always hated 3rd person. I don't need some off center asshole stealing screen real estate for nothing.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Alex_The_Hedgehog said:
Mar1217 said:

Rail shooters are mostly 1st person am I right ? So I guess my answer would be FPS, but I'm honestly in neither genre especially since the 7th gen.

Yeah, in fact, I can't remember a Rail Shooter in 3rd person.

That reminds me the first time I played Resident Evil Umbrella Chronicles on a Wii. Lots of fun.

Around the Network

I really don't like FPS at all. Third person shooters can be ok, but really neither one is anywhere close to being my favorite genre.

I haven't liked 1st person shooters since Bloodshot back on the Sega.
As for 3rd person shooters, it bugs me if the character auto faces the direction the camera is facing, and camera movement controls aren't separate from character rotation controls, but otherwise it's fine. Just let me rotate the camera without my character spinning around too, that way I can see the front of my character whenever I choose.

It will depend on the game and the genre, but I tend to lean more towards third person shooters.

Generally first person unless it's combined with a lot of platforming like Ratchet and Clank and Uncharted. Platforming in first person sucks.

Kind of depends on the game. But i prefer first person for games that are mostly focused on shooting. Basically the ones that don't have a heavy focus on exploration like open world games or rpg's.

For games like cyberpunk and fallout i like the option to choose between first or third. Cyberpunk doesn't have this option it seems, which is bizarre considering how much effort they put into character creation.