By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Do you prefer First Person Shooters or Third Person Shooters?

What do you prefer?

First Person Shooters 15 21.43%

Third Person Shooters 29 41.43%

Depends on the game 24 34.29%

To be honest, none of them 2 2.86%

Total:70

I enjoy both of them, but recently I'm more into third person shooters.

Around the Network
Mar1217 said:

Rail shooters are mostly 1st person am I right ? So I guess my answer would be FPS, but I'm honestly in neither genre especially since the 7th gen.

Yeah, in fact, I can't remember a Rail Shooter in 3rd person.

That reminds me the first time I played Resident Evil Umbrella Chronicles on a Wii. Lots of fun.

Last edited by Alex_The_Hedgehog - on 17 January 2021

I don't like Third Person Shooters

But I hate First Person Shoorters

So TPS wins

Third person FTW. I prefer to see my character and my surroundings. From the top of my mind the only time I've liked the limitations of first person view is in Alien Isolation.

I've skipped RE7 because of this but I'm considering trying the game on PS VR since a lot people say that it helps to immerse you more and I'm kinda curious.

Third person. I like games from both but TP is my preferred perspective in any game.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Around the Network

In general 1st person shooters control better and are better for aiming at whatever you're fighting against. Though if it involves a lot of melee, a 3rd person choice is helpful.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

FPS, easily. 3rd person cover shooters, or thirteen-on-the-dozen battle royale games are getting stale since a while back. There have been some decent 3rd person shooters, but overall, the FPS genre has more interesting fare for my tastes, and the added immersion is a huge plus.

Honestly I dont really have a preference between those, just deliver a good game lol.

Valorant is my fave FPS. And Splatoon is my fave TPS.

Pocky Lover Boy! 

FPS without limited loadout, limited loadout is trash imo and makes the FPS trash

The only TPS I like is Splatoon