By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - New Trailer for Bowser's Fury Released

I'm so tired of the Wii U retreads. It's almost like Wii U owners are being punished for buying that system. In return for our loyalty, we get to play the same games over again, and pay full price for the privilege.

Around the Network
VAMatt said:

I'm so tired of the Wii U retreads. It's almost like Wii U owners are being punished for buying that system. In return for our loyalty, we get to play the same games over again, and pay full price for the privilege.

At the very least, the system does get a few games of its own, so it's not too bad. What's actually a tragedy is that, despite the fact that almost all the important Wii U titles are now on Switch, my favorite is still missing. Either I or the game (Xenoblade X) are cursed. 

VAMatt said:

I just refuse to re-buy anything on Switch that's already been on Wii U, or even Wii. Sadly, when you take away the rereleases their first party for Switch has actually been quite weak, and the system is largely salvaged through having the best third party support for a Nintendo console since the SNES.

Last edited by curl-6 - on 16 January 2021

Bet with Liquidlaser: I say PS5 and Xbox Series will sell more than 56 million combined by the end of 2023.

curl-6 said:
VAMatt said:

I just refuse to re-buy anything on Switch that's already been on Wii U, or even Wii. Sadly, when you take away the rereleases their first party for Switch has actually been quite weak, and the system is largely salvaged through having the best third party support for a Nintendo console since the SNES.

I have also refused to buy any of the retreads.  Unfortunately, as I enjoy the core Nintendo IPs, that has left my Switch mostly collecting dust.  I've played only three big games on it - SMO, Mario Maker 2, and Mario+Rabbids.  I played BotW on WiiU.  I have Yoshi's Crafted World, and will probably play that soon.  But, that's pretty weak considering that I bought my Switch around launch.  Beyond those games, I've only played Sonic Mania and one or two other little things while traveling.  Really, it has been a big disappointment for me, and may be the last Nintendo system I buy.  I damn sure won't buy the next one anywhere near launch.  

Also, the lack of a new Mario Kart is really unacceptable.  

VAMatt said:
curl-6 said:

I have also refused to buy any of the retreads.  Unfortunately, as I enjoy the core Nintendo IPs, that has left my Switch mostly collecting dust.  I've played only three big games on it - SMO, Mario Maker 2, and Mario+Rabbids.  I played BotW on WiiU.  I have Yoshi's Crafted World, and will probably play that soon.  But, that's pretty weak considering that I bought my Switch around launch.  Beyond those games, I've only played Sonic Mania and one or two other little things while traveling.  Really, it has been a big disappointment for me, and may be the last Nintendo system I buy.  I damn sure won't buy the next one anywhere near launch.  

Yeah the only first party Switch games I have are Mario Odyssey, Splatoon 2, Xenoblade 2, Luigi's Mansion 3, and Yoshi's Crafted World, so for me it's still not even as good as the Wii U in terms of first party.

Bet with Liquidlaser: I say PS5 and Xbox Series will sell more than 56 million combined by the end of 2023.

Around the Network
curl-6 said:
VAMatt said:

Yeah the only first party Switch games I have are Mario Odyssey, Splatoon 2, Xenoblade 2, Luigi's Mansion 3, and Yoshi's Crafted World, so for me it's still not even as good as the Wii U in terms of first party.

true... I've saying this all along too, just add Animal Crossing in there - which got a big upgrade, and Pokemon which btw was nowhere near the good old GB/DS entries

the possibility of a brand new Smash Bros. and Mario Kart to push the Switch to the next level is diminishing, especially with MK: Home Circuit and still releasing Smash Bros. characters :/

unless the Switch Pro exists, and is a big enough upgrade worth pushing with new megaton games, but that's too many ifs

don't mind my username, that was more than 10 years ago, I'm a different person now, amazing how people change ^_^

dark_gh0st_b0y said:
curl-6 said:

true... I've saying this all along too, just add Animal Crossing in there - which got a big upgrade, and Pokemon which btw was nowhere near the good old GB/DS entries

the possibility of a brand new Smash Bros. and Mario Kart to push the Switch to the next level is diminishing, especially with MK: Home Circuit and still releasing Smash Bros. characters :/

unless the Switch Pro exists, and is a big enough upgrade worth pushing with new megaton games, but that's too many ifs

Smash Ultimate was the new Smash for Switch though.

Mario Kart 9 really needs to happen though. I agree with you on that. Been almost 7 years since 8 launched. Is MK8 the GTAV of kart racers now?

VAMatt said:

You do realize re-buying old games is optional, you don't actually have too.  You can stick with new content like Pokemon Snap 2, Bravely Default 2, etc.

It isn't like the Switch doesn't have original content.  Mario Odyssey, Pokemon S/S, Luigi's Mansion 3, Fire Emblem 3 Houses, Octopath Traveler, Astral Chain, Link's Awakening, Mario vs Rabbis, Origami King, Trials of Mana, Xenoblade Chronicles 2, Splatoon 2, .

If you only own 3 games and yourswitch is "collecting dust" since launch, too each their own.  But there are some quality games you simply haven't picked up.

And we have Monster Hunter Rise coming out shortly.

Last edited by Chrkeller - on 17 January 2021

Being Ive never played 3D world Im really excited for this game.
Especially enjoying the multi player with my son.

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

Chrkeller said:
VAMatt said:

You do realize re-buying old games is optional, you don't actually have too.  You can stick with new content like Pokemon Snap 2, Bravely Default 2, etc.

It isn't like the Switch doesn't have original content.  Mario Odyssey, Pokemon S/S, Luigi's Mansion 3, Fire Emblem 3 Houses, Octopath Traveler, Astral Chain, Link's Awakening, Mario vs Rabbis, Origami King, Trials of Mana, Xenoblade Chronicles 2, Splatoon 2, .

If you only own 3 games and yourswitch is "collecting dust" since launch, too each their own.  But there are some quality games you simply haven't picked up.

And we have Monster Hunter Rise coming out shortly.

Sure, there are games.  But, they have definitely relied heavily on Mario universe retreads this gen, and those are the games I buy Ninty systems for.  I don't think there's any reasonable argument to be made that the number of new entries in their big franchises has been low. We're at four years in now, and we have relatively few completely new games in the Mario universe.