By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - VGChartz Official GOTY Awards - Results Thread

Hades is amazing. Between it and Cyberpunk as my overall GOTY

Around the Network

Nice to see all of the adventure titles being so different from each other this year, lots of variety to choose from. I'm somewhat surprised that 13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim didn't release on PC or the Switch. I mean, the game released last year in Japan, they could've have the game ported easily enough. A shame, it looks really interesting.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Darwinianevolution said:

Nice to see all of the adventure titles being so different from each other this year, lots of variety to choose from. I'm somewhat surprised that 13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim didn't release on PC or the Switch. I mean, the game released last year in Japan, they could've have the game ported easily enough. A shame, it looks really interesting.

13 Sentinels is a very niche game made by a small developer. Hopefully it gets ported to other platforms in the future but it is understandable that the devs most likely could only focus on one platform at a time.

Thanks for your work. A wish if I could make one: could you give the split between staff and user voting? And point out if either staff or users alone had a different winner (probably only in cases that were close).

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Awesome to see so much love for Ori.

Around the Network

Well deserved win for Doom Eternal; not just the best shooter of 2020, but the best video game of 2020 period.

mZuzek said:
curl-6 said:

Well deserved win for Doom Eternal; not just the best shooter of 2020, but the best video game of 2020 period.

hmmm

Yeah, it's true. 

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

Hmm, TLOU2 doesn't seem to be doing well in the individual awards so far, perhaps this site won't go for it as GOTY. Is there hope for Animal Crossing to get GOTY?!

Machina said:

Best Puzzle Game of 2020

This is one where the community winner did not win the combined vote (it got runner-up). In fact in the end the top three games were all within 0.8% of one another, making this one of the closest results (but not the closest, which is still to come).

Hehe, interesting. And I would've expected differently, with Clubhouse being the community favorite. And hell, three games that close shows a good quality overall. Congrats to all the games.

And you tease an even closer competition. Would be epic if that turns out to be the overall GOTY.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Wasteland 3 was amazing!