By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global Hardware Dec 13-19 - Switch Sales Top 75M, PS5 Tops 4M

Switch christmas sales are well below what I was expecting

So to everyone who was asking if the lack of big Q4 releases was going to after the Switch the answer is clearly yes, it did

Around the Network

Switch just eviscerating the rest

In Europe PS4 win to Xbox Series

Ryotsu said:

In Europe PS4 win to Xbox Series

And there is no real supply issues for Series S in Europe

Switch passes 3DS with the next set of global numbers meaning from here on out only the top 10 selling platforms are in its sights.

Around the Network
trunkswd said:
IcaroRibeiro said:

Switch christmas sales are well below what I was expecting

So to everyone who was asking if the lack of big Q4 releases was going to after the Switch the answer is clearly yes, it did

Switch sales are pretty much flat year-over-year for this week. With Christmas being 2 days later in the week than last year I'd expect Switch to be up year-over-year for the week ending December 26.

Switch has been consistently outperforming 2019 YoY, so I was expecting the same for Q4

Okay so by the end of the year, the Switch will probably reach 77.5 million units sold, so the total shipments can reach 79-80 million, which would be huge.

Switch just keeps going and going, with no sign of slowing down. Next year should be even better.

Strong launch sales for both PS4 and XSX/S, given regional strengths and wraknesses. Can't wait to see where things go moving forward.

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

Switch has already surpassed 3DS with how crazy well it's doing. We'll see those VGChartz numbers in a few weeks or so.

It looks like Switch by the end of 2020 has nearly met or slightly exceeded the 27 million plus of the DS in 2009.

Lifetime Sales Predictions 

Switch: 151 million (was 73, then 96, then 113 million, then 125 million, then 144 million)

PS5: 115 million (was 105 million) Xbox Series S/X: 57 million (was 60 million, then 67 million)

PS4: 120 mil (was 100 then 130 million, then 122 million) Xbox One: 51 mil (was 50 then 55 mil)

3DS: 75.5 mil (was 73, then 77 million)

"Let go your earthly tether, enter the void, empty and become wind." - Guru Laghima

Impressive for Switch. Flat with last year despite no big holiday game. And still one more huge week to close out the year. Since there's like 5 days left in the year after that, Switch should be right at 77 million by 1/1/21, and will be over 28 million for the year unless there is an adjustment downwards. So next year even if it falls off 5 million next year to 23 million that still means Switch would hit 100 million end of 2021!