By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - The 2021 Get Yourself in Shape Thread

Cerebralbore101 said:

What kind of Whey Protein are you using? 

None yet, I think I'm buying some this week. Thanks for the links, I'm not good counting macronutrients, I get easily paranoid and obsessive

My psychologist advice was to follow a less strict diet plan, that's will make any bulk harder and will inevitably lead to get fat excess, but I guess it's no other way to make it

Also thank for sharing a program, I will try to follow it and will take photos every week for the next 3 months. Hope to make any progress I'm this time :x

Around the Network
IcaroRibeiro said:

Cerebralbore101 said:

None yet, I think I'm buying some this week. Thanks for the links, I'm not good counting macronutrients, I get easily paranoid and obsessive

My psychologist advice was to follow a less strict diet plan, that's will make any bulk harder and will inevitably lead to get fat excess, but I guess it's no other way to make it

Also thank for sharing a program, I will try to follow it and will take photos every week for the next 3 months. Hope to make any progress I'm this time :x

If you're looking for less strict then just aim to eat 138 grams of protein a day, and ignore the rest. So long as you don't eat 40% of your calories as fat you should be okay. A 500 to 750 calorie surplus is fine. So aim for a 250 or 500 calorie surplus and if you go a bit overboard it's no big deal. As long as you aren't gaining over 1.2 lbs a week you should be okay.

IcaroRibeiro said:

Cerebralbore101 said:

I suggest buying Whey Protein Isolate, it is usually more efficient. Drink with milk and you will be gaining quick, but you must workout along with it. If you can do a pull up, definitely get a pull up bar, otherwise work on general strength. Push ups, Body Rows, Squats. Make sure to keep the correct form. Doing it everyday isn't bad, but if you feel sore, definitely take a rest for the day. Get enough sleep.

Well, having done my monthly weigh-in as I do on the 1st of every month, I am down 1kg since December 1st and now 2kg below being overweight instead of right on the borderline. The new measures I took in late December seem to be paying off. No more pizza Mondays, red meat, or fast food until I'm more comfortably inside my ideal weight range.

With the vaccines to become widely available only towards the end of 2021 in the richest countries and far later elsewhere, not to mention No-Vax blockheads that won't have it even after five years of the hugest worldwide field test ever, wouldn't it be more prudent to make the 2025 get in shape again thread?

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

Around the Network

Tagging to follow this thread.

Alby_da_Wolf said:

With the vaccines to become widely available only towards the end of 2021 in the richest countries and far later elsewhere, not to mention No-Vax blockheads that won't have it even after five years of the hugest worldwide field test ever, wouldn't it be more prudent to make the 2025 get in shape again thread?

Well, I mean, it's still possible to workout at home and eat better to get in better shape here and now. 

curl-6 said:
Alby_da_Wolf said:

Well, I mean, it's still possible to workout at home and eat better to get in better shape here and now. 

I barely do it when I can go out and meet girls, but to stay at home naaaa, too much of a hassle!    Not to mention that my favourite exercises are skiing, swimming and dancing. Also cycling, but not in Genoa's traffic, it scares me.
Anyway, even if my diet isn't low calories, it's almost always low cholesterol, low saturated fat and often low sodium too, as I put very little salt in dishes (often no salt at all in salads) and my favourite bread is the Tuscan unsalted one.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

dx11332sega said:
Cerebralbore101 said:

Right, but you'd have trouble getting to even Cat. III on this chart with bodyweight exercises. Cat. III is considered intermediate and basically somebody of average to decent strength. There's a whole other chart for powerlifters, and people that want to get as strong as possible. This chart is just for normal people.

I weigh 139lbs Right now I can bench press 40lbs only

Are you sure about that? The standard barbell bar weighs 45lbs, so without any plates you're already lifting over 40lbs.

Signature goes here!

I started to do some abds, and I said to myself "ok next time I'll do more". And I did like 150. And kept going the next week, and then twice a week.
At one point, I reached 1000 abs in one session. And I kept going. Currently my record is like 5150 abs, and it took me almost 2h to do it.

And I lost 8kg (I don't care for lbs), and I am in the best shape I've ever been. I had to stop 3 weeks ago cause I moved somewhere else and lost my work-out room, I need to set it up again.

I'll continue until I reach 10k I guess