By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global Hardware Nov 29 to Dec 5 - Switch Dominates Cyber Monday Week

Switch is 205k in Japan here but Famitsu says 230k, why the disparity?

Bet with Liquidlaser: I say PS5 and Xbox Series will sell more than 56 million combined by the end of 2023.

Around the Network
curl-6 said:

Because VGC is one week behind with its figures. What you see in the OP is Japan from two weeks ago.

Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV (360+PS3) would outsell SSBB. I was wrong.

A Biased Review Reloaded / Open Your Eyes / Switch Shipments

RolStoppable said:
curl-6 said:

Because VGC is one week behind with its figures. What you see in the OP is Japan from two weeks ago.

Dammit, another result of me posting before my morning coffee brings my brain out of coma.

Bet with Liquidlaser: I say PS5 and Xbox Series will sell more than 56 million combined by the end of 2023.

curl-6 said:
RolStoppable said:

Dammit, another result of me posting before my morning coffee brings my brain out of coma.

VGC will likely remain a week or two behind where we usually are at for the rest of the holidays. 

VGChartz Sales Analyst and Writer - William D'Angelo - I stream on Twitch and have my own YoutubeFollow me on Twitter @TrunksWD.

Writer of the Gap Charts | Weekly Hardware Breakdown Top 10 | Weekly Sales Analysis | Marketshare Features, as well as daily news on the Video Game Industry.

RolStoppable said:
Chrkeller said:

Switch is red hot. I wonder how long it can keep going.

Very long. Switch isn't close to the saturation point as a home console yet, but even when that time comes, it still has plenty of big sales left as secondary and tertiary Switch units in households become more widespread.

and expands "other markets", likewise China. 

Around the Network

Is Sony producing less PS4s? I'd guess they would want to obviously focus on ps5 but maybe in non pandemic times they would've have more ps4s selling

I think Switch should be at 76M January 1.

curl-6 said:
RolStoppable said:

Haha! We've all been there many times =)

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Sony and Microsoft both might have done better to launch PS5 after the holidays. It would have given them more time to stockpile units.
I doubt their new console demands would have drastically shifted had they held off until the late winter or early spring. But PS4's demand would see a drastic holiday season increase. From here, it looks like a massive fuck up on Sony's part.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

I was hoping for a 1.6mil week so it can reach 30mil by the end of the year. Now I think it's nearly impossible since it would need to sell 1.75mil every week until the end.

Just a guy who doesn't want to be bored. Also