By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global Hardware Nov 29 to Dec 5 - Switch Dominates Cyber Monday Week

All consoles combined account for 59% of Switch sales. Insane

Around the Network

Switch is red hot. I wonder how long it can keep going.

In the week ending December 7 2013, PS3 sold 244K while PS4 sold 343K. So PS3 sold a lot better after the release of PS4 than PS4 after the release of PS5. Of course we have to wait a bit to see if this trend continues.

I wonder if Sony is starting to regret their strategy change to release next gen games on PS4. PS4 doesn't seem to profit of PS5 shortages. Is there no demand for PS4 or are many PS4 factories already producing PS5, which would mean that also PS4 is having shortages?

I feel you are greatly underestimating Switch's Asia sales this holiday season :)

The game has over 5400 reviews on the website with 99% of customers recommending it... for comparison on Amazon.co.jp Ring Fit has fewer reviews. Suning is one of a few large retailers in the country, and sales of Ring Fit are coming from bundles as well. As the Ring Fit Bundle is actually the top selling Switch option on the website. 

Last edited by noshten - on 17 December 2020

China is starting to really racking up for Nintendo

Around the Network
Chrkeller said:

It will be red hot for most of 2021, though less units sold than this year. 2022 won't be very big in comparison, and then 2023 onward won't be much compared to earlier years.

It's all but guaranteed to surpass the Wii and PS1. Possibly Game Boy+Game Boy Color sales too. But PS2 or DS sales are too much of a reach, given the competition and markets in general. 

Lifetime Sales Predictions 

Switch: 156 million (was 73, then 96, then 113 million, then 125 million, then 144 million, then 151 million)

PS5: 115 million (was 105 million) Xbox Series S/X: 48 million (was 60 million, then 67 million, then 57 million)

PS4: 120 mil (was 100 then 130 million, then 122 million) Xbox One: 51 mil (was 50 then 55 mil)

3DS: 75.5 mil (was 73, then 77 million)

"Let go your earthly tether, enter the void, empty and become wind." - Guru Laghima

Switch is 205k in Japan here but Famitsu says 230k, why the disparity?

RolStoppable said:
curl-6 said:

Switch is 205k in Japan here but Famitsu says 230k, why the disparity?

Because VGC is one week behind with its figures. What you see in the OP is Japan from two weeks ago.

Dammit, another result of me posting before my morning coffee brings my brain out of coma.

RolStoppable said:
Chrkeller said:

Very long. Switch isn't close to the saturation point as a home console yet, but even when that time comes, it still has plenty of big sales left as secondary and tertiary Switch units in households become more widespread.

and expands "other markets", likewise China. 

Is Sony producing less PS4s? I'd guess they would want to obviously focus on ps5 but maybe in non pandemic times they would've have more ps4s selling