By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global Hardware Nov 29 to Dec 5 - Switch Dominates Cyber Monday Week

Around the Network

Switch !!!

When PS4 almost beat the Series S and X....... 

And when Sony can produce that much PS4s and PS5s but can only give Japan the leftovers...... What a nice way to treat your home country! 

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Ps4 launch at this point was around 2.5m units although with numbers quite similar for this week. Ps5 has a great launch. Hopefully they can produce more the coming weeks for those that want to buy one.

Stories unfolded with my home made rap songs. Feel free to listen here with lyrics: https://youtu.be/vyT9PbK5_T0

trunkswd said:
Jranation said:

When PS4 almost beat the Series S and X....... 

And when Sony can produce that much PS4s and PS5s but can only give Japan the leftovers...... What a nice way to treat your home country! 

PS4 might top Xbox Series X|S next week (week ending Dec 12). From the little bit of data we have PS5 and Xbox Series X|S supply is a bit more limited. At this point, just about every console shipped gets sold in a matter of minutes or hours. 

I expected MS to stop producing the Xbox One and its other versions for more Series S/X.

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Around the Network

MS stock pretty steady week over week. I wonder if that’s their plan until demand tapers off

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Can't believe Xbox Series X/S only outsold PS4 globally by 192 units. That's crazy. It's clearly because of shortages of the Series. I know PlayStation is a more dominant brand, but it's still interesting that a now last-gen console barely loses to a brand new console.

And the Switch only outsold the PlayStation and Xbox so spectacularly because of shortages of the new consoles. Switch probably would've won the week regardless, but maybe only by 100-200k units if there were enough PS5s available.

Lifetime Sales Predictions 

Switch: 151 million (was 73, then 96, then 113 million, then 125 million, then 144 million)

PS5: 115 million (was 105 million) Xbox Series S/X: 57 million (was 60 million, then 67 million)

PS4: 120 mil (was 100 then 130 million, then 122 million) Xbox One: 51 mil (was 50 then 55 mil)

3DS: 75.5 mil (was 73, then 77 million)

"Let go your earthly tether, enter the void, empty and become wind." - Guru Laghima

Forget PS5 vs Xbox Series. PS4 vs Xbox Series is more entertaining all thanks to Europe (Sony land).

It's looking like weekly sales for the PS4 and Xbox One will end up being bigger this year during March-May than October-December which makes sense considering the circumstances but still is funny due to how unusual it is. After the covid boost some expected both systems to not be down that much YoY but the PS4 will be down around 40% and the Xbox One around 45% so all that happened really is a lot of PS4 and Xbox One sales got moved from the second half of the year to the first thanks to covid resulting in a normal drop due to successors launching but really weird distribution of said drop. Also the Xbox Series X|S and PS4 battle going on is enjoyable to see.

Jranation said:
trunkswd said:

PS4 might top Xbox Series X|S next week (week ending Dec 12). From the little bit of data we have PS5 and Xbox Series X|S supply is a bit more limited. At this point, just about every console shipped gets sold in a matter of minutes or hours. 

I expected MS to stop producing the Xbox One and its other versions for more Series S/X.

That's mostly happened so far, the only version still being produced is the One S but that should get discontinued next year since interest in it will be very small by then. Weekly Xbox One sales should reach sub 10k levels not long after December.

The ps5 Xbox and switch banner looks amazing