By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Game Awards Thread (2020)

What cringe are you excited about?

Confusing game trailers 4 15.38%

A game you like winning t... 1 3.85%

Josef Fares going insane once again 4 15.38%

Geoff Keighley looking uncomfortable 9 34.62%

Hydrobot’s Revenge 1 3.85%

Awkward backstage attendee interviews 0 0%

Cliff Bleszinski insulting PC gamers 0 0%

Hideo Kojima barred entry once again 1 3.85%

Watching someone use a VR and actin’ a fool 0 0%

The unknown cringe 6 23.08%

Total:26

Don't know if I'm going to watch this one, might just watch the trailers afterward. The nominations this year where kind of meh, and Cyberpunk releases tomorrow, I think I'd rather play that.

Around the Network
Shikamo said:

Such a hilarious moment! I don't even know what the Oscars did to this guy to tick him off so much haha.

You left out the biggest option of all:

All the salty tears and bitching online when Last of Us 2 wins Game of the Year.

PAOerfulone said:

All the salty tears and bitching online when Last of Us 2 wins Game of the Year.

I don't know if it will. I don't thing TGA is woke-leaning politically speaking, I could be wrong and maybe they are. There have been a enough Nintendo nominations and awards that I feel like they are fairly center, politically speaking, considering Nintendo games are about as anti woke as games can get.

Hundreds of better things to do than watch this.
Will catch up with trailers afterwards.

Around the Network
Dulfite said:
PAOerfulone said:

I don't know if it will. I don't thing TGA is woke-leaning politically speaking, I could be wrong and maybe they are. There have been a enough Nintendo nominations and awards that I feel like they are fairly center, politically speaking, considering Nintendo games are about as anti woke as games can get.

Leaving everything you said about "woke-politics" aside, many would argue TLOU2 should win for its own merits as a videogame. Not me tho, but many would.

the famous people who don't actually care about video games but accepted the promo money so we have to watch them pretend to muster up a hint of excitement

flashbacks to EA's battlefield 1 celeb gameplay

Dulfite said:
PAOerfulone said:

Don't really see how their political views should have any impact on what game wins the award, though I do think they won't give it to The Last of Us Part 2 because they wanna avoid controversy. Honestly, I hope it does win GOTY, because if it doesn't, all the haters will feel they've impacted something. And if these haters are hating on the game because they hate "woke-leaning" politics, they deserve no merit for anything.

Personally I don't care either way for which game wins the thing, I'm just annoyed Ori didn't get the nomination. My opinion probably isn't worth much since I've only played two games released in 2020, but one of these two is in the list and is completely undeserving of it in my opinion.

I make music, check it out here on Bandcamp, Spotify, and Youtube!
my top 50 games

Dulfite said:
PAOerfulone said:

It may just win because it's a good game with the highest metacritic score of the nominees....could be that too.

And now I'm curious, what would you say makes Nintendo games the most "anti woke"? 

I have a feeling it will be as shit as every single VGA on Spike TV. This looks like a shit year to watch

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!