By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Game Awards Thread (2020)

What cringe are you excited about?

Confusing game trailers 4 15.38%

A game you like winning t... 1 3.85%

Josef Fares going insane once again 4 15.38%

Geoff Keighley looking uncomfortable 9 34.62%

Hydrobot’s Revenge 1 3.85%

Awkward backstage attendee interviews 0 0%

Cliff Bleszinski insulting PC gamers 0 0%

Hideo Kojima barred entry once again 1 3.85%

Watching someone use a VR and actin’ a fool 0 0%

The unknown cringe 6 23.08%

Total:26
sundin13 said:

Isn't that basically what the Game Developers Choice Awards are? Not every awards show has to be exactly the same. Different shows have different groups doling out the awards and there is nothing wrong with that. 

No idea tbh. I only stated what I think is the fairest and more reliable way to award games. On my mind nobody is more suitable to evaluate a game than people who makes games 

Around the Network
sales2099 said:
kazuyamishima said:

Can you please explain what’s the left wing aspect in general like if I’m a two years old

Oh don’t listen to little old me, I got no horse in this race. 

Buuuut based on what I read online, people didn’t like that a strong, unreasonably muscled (given the world state how she can get enough daily protein for that body is almost impossible), possibly transgender lead character was shoehorned in as the spotlight over fan favourites Ellie and Joel. To summarize: the progressive message mattered more then what fans wanted. 

Something like that, but take it up with your own people. I never played this game nor plan to. 

She isn't trans, this is a point that usually makes it very easy to see people that really played the game and ones that only heard the vitriol in YT and the like. About her being muscled person I guess there is two reasons players didn't like, first because they didn't get sexually attracted to her (as if that is needed to play a female char) and second because she was stronger than they and it made then feel insecure. 

Spoiler!
But mostly players were just irrational on being angry about having played with Elly hating Abby for killing Joel and then filling guilty of all they done when they see things from Abby perspective.
Last edited by JWeinCom - on 15 December 2020

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Dulfite said:
shikamaru317 said:

If that was the case, CoD would have won people’s choice this year, but it didn’t, Tsushima won. Just because CoD games sell well doesn’t mean that most of the gaming population thinks CoD is Game of the Year.

I find myself in the middle here. I do think we can't base it off sales, as the hordes of youths playing mind numbing games would skew it. I find critics just as problematic in the other direction when they tend to favor "artistic" games as opposed to ones that really made an impact on the market.

It's like all those small movie festivals, hardly any of those winners make a splash or are noticed by the people yet they win their little awards. What I'd like is the middle ground. Have it based on a gamer poll (not critic), but they have to be at least in their mid 20's to vote and have to have played multiple systems/platforms over their life so far.

I won't go in full text here, verter already done a fantastic job on it and is very well crafted.

I'll just say that at least until now (even if we may disagree with how many categories there are and who won some of those) if we look at the main prizes for several years on the TGA they haven't been obscure titles like those small festivals that go for artsy movies that only critics care. And I'll add one thing on the Verter point, these prizes may not even increase the sales or viewership of those movies but can very well be credentials that will ensure better financing for the next movie or improvement on the career of people on the production/acting, so there is value to having all type of events. Some that will only recognize by sales, other by popular vote, other by professionals in the industry and sure some with only critics.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."