By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Game Awards Thread (2020)

What cringe are you excited about?

Confusing game trailers 4 15.38%

A game you like winning t... 1 3.85%

Josef Fares going insane once again 4 15.38%

Geoff Keighley looking uncomfortable 9 34.62%

Hydrobot’s Revenge 1 3.85%

Awkward backstage attendee interviews 0 0%

Cliff Bleszinski insulting PC gamers 0 0%

Hideo Kojima barred entry once again 1 3.85%

Watching someone use a VR and actin’ a fool 0 0%

The unknown cringe 6 23.08%

Total:26
mZuzek said:
CaptainExplosion said:

That explains why Animal Crossing barely got squat. -_-

It didn't deserve a nomination, it got quite a lot considering that.

Why? I'm genuinely interested to know 

Around the Network
ironmanDX said:
hinch said:

Why lol. Excited all the same.

I'm saying this as someone who enjoyed Andromeda

As did I. I'd rate it the lowest of the Mass Effect games but it was still really enjoyable. Played through twice and got all the Achievements.

Yeah, I mean I liked 3 and Andromeda despite others really disliking them. I know its not the same Bioware as before but idc as long as its enjoyable to play and I get to play another one in the mainline entry.

The game is probably still way aways. Like still no title yet and a CG trailer. Still, looking forward to it. Btw that was Liara in the teaser!

CaptainExplosion said:
IcaroRibeiro said:

Tbh I find voting system so pointless, they are made only for social media engagement. If they want to measure what public likes they should use sales instead it's a much more reliable metric than a poll almost nobody except intenet fanboys loses their time over. And we have no way to prove the people who voted actually played the game they voted for, could instead just vote for a game they don't like not win 

And of course sales-wise Aninal Crossing eats both GoT and TLOU combined, I don't think anybody will disagree that public choice is clearly Aninal Crossing, not Ghost of Tsushima 

Critics tend to be really fucking dumb anyway.

Well, people like Jeff Gerstman who I don't always agree with are a dying breed. The real journalist who went to school for it and had guidelines on how to write a proper review. No joke they had a long book on guidelines to sound professional and not a raving fanboy. These days with 5 billion gaming websites. Everyone and their dog is a "critic" now so gaming "journalism" is just full of fanboys now who pander.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

mZuzek said:
pikashoe said:

Why? I'm genuinely interested to know 

From what I've played, at least one game deserved it more. From what I've heard people say, I get the feeling that maybe one or two others also did.

Animal Crossing was fine. It did what was expected of it - it's a new Animal Crossing in HD on the Switch. That's about it. The game did nothing interesting with the concept, it played it as safe as safe gets and even within that formula it barely added anything of note. There's nothing exciting about the game, it's unambitious through and through. The only reason it got a nomination was because of the impact it had back then as a multiplayer/social experience, but it's since faded away drastically just like Fall Guys has.

Honestly, it might be the worst game of the year nomination we've had, made only worse by the caliber of games that went missing. 

Literally a complete lie. they added loads of customization options, crafting, you can completely change the look of the island with by adding cliffs and and rivers, being able to put furniture anywhere on the island, they've revamped and expanded many of the holidays as well, most of the furniture in the game is brand new and not re used from older titles. Just look online at some of the amazing things people have created in this game. plus they are constantly adding to the game with updates and new features

another complete lie, the game has not faded away. its still selling like crazy and i still see people talking about it on social media all of the time. theres even a chat show on youtube set within the game. the last update video for the game has over 2 million views on youtube and that just released a few weeks ago.

I can think of one game that was nominated this year that was definitely worse. 

It's gonna be funny af when the cuckman squad get salty about some other game they'll not like, winning a future GOTY awards. Also be funny when they get called teh "haturz"(tm).

Gonna call it now, because I know some love saving face and not being honest; "I don't care that X game won", or some other petty excuse.

PM sent

Last edited by CGI-Quality - on 11 December 2020

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Around the Network

You guys are right; Fortnite should have won GOTY.

Fun show. Ghosts`n Goblins Resurrected was so awesome. Im sure it wont do well, but Im glad Capcom gave the series another chance. Hope the Evil Dead game is good.

Congrats to The Last Of Us Part 2. My personal GOTY as well

BasilZero said:
KLXVER said:

Fun show. Ghosts`n Goblins Resurrected was so awesome. Im sure it wont do well, but Im glad Capcom gave the series another chance.

Breath of Fire and Darkstalkers "cries"

Just cheaper and easier to remake a 2D platformer I guess.

that was a great show, really liked a lot of the announcements 

perfect dark, it takes two, sephiroth in smash, evil dead, returnal and flight sim release dates, ghosts n goblins, etc

the awards were a little eh, I was hoping hades would win and still think it's ridiculous that half life alyx didn't get nominated for goty but congrats to naughty dog, personally wouldn't have picked it myself but I respect them for trying something new that clearly a lot of people enjoyed 

Last edited by FloatingWaffles - on 10 December 2020

CaptainExplosion said:
mZuzek said:

It didn't deserve a nomination, it got quite a lot considering that.

Didn't deserve a nomination? Do you even know what an impact this game has made?

It won Family game of the Year, and nominated for Goty