By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Game Awards Thread (2020)

What cringe are you excited about?

Confusing game trailers 4 15.38%

A game you like winning t... 1 3.85%

Josef Fares going insane once again 4 15.38%

Geoff Keighley looking uncomfortable 9 34.62%

Hydrobot’s Revenge 1 3.85%

Awkward backstage attendee interviews 0 0%

Cliff Bleszinski insulting PC gamers 0 0%

Hideo Kojima barred entry once again 1 3.85%

Watching someone use a VR and actin’ a fool 0 0%

The unknown cringe 6 23.08%

Total:26
Dulfite said:
Verter said:

I don't know about the show itself, but TGA coverage in this thread has been entertaining to follow.

Are you referring to the OP? I hope, I've been putting a lot of sarcastic effort into it.

I meant the comments on the thread, didn't read the updated OP until now. But I chuckled several times while doing it, so your sarcastic effort has paid off. The "I guess the first one wasn't perfect if we needed a sequel" definitely gets my vote for POTT (Pun Of The Thread).

I'm mostly a lurker now.

Around the Network

Show was even worse than I anticipated. Nothing to do with the nominees or winners, all were expected. Game trailers mostly sucked and wow the writing for their interview segments was terrible. Thankfully it was just background fodder as I played Cyberpunk.

Only good thing was Sephiroth.

Pretty solid for Xbox.

Perfect Dark finally revealed. Favourite game on the N64 so this is great for me.
Ark 2 Xbox console exclusive. Great news and just what 2021 needs to be better.
Halo on Fortnight is ok. Cross promotion for Halo Infinite serves a greater good.
Skyrim and entire Yakuza series on Game Pass...nice.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

ClassicGamingWizzz said:
Chazore said:

It's gonna be funny af when the cuckman squad get salty about some other game they'll not like, winning a future GOTY awards. Also be funny when they get called teh "haturz"(tm).

Gonna call it now, because I know some love saving face and not being honest; "I don't care that X game won", or some other petty excuse.

God damn you sound mad as hell 😂

Haturz salty tears !!!

Ot : The last of us 2 killing it these game Awards, ghosts winning art , ffremake winning music, it was perfect, laura winning best performance was the cherry on top , the knife twist on the haturz 😂

The game hits all the same notes that movies use that win the Oscars. Diverse cast and sexualities. Strong female lead. Social issues explored. This award surprised nobody. It’s a  shame is how Druckman forever divided his own community on the treatment of Ellie and Joel in order to push his personal wants. 

I would normally not post about this, but your smug bragging compelled me. 

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Around the Network

Good victories for PS exclusives, the show was to long and boring, the announcements were underwhelming, I score the show 4/10.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Verter said:
Dulfite said:

Are you referring to the OP? I hope, I've been putting a lot of sarcastic effort into it.

I meant the comments on the thread, didn't read the updated OP until now. But I chuckled several times while doing it, so your sarcastic effort has paid off. The "I guess the first one wasn't perfect if we needed a sequel" definitely gets my vote for POTT (Pun Of The Thread).

I am humbled to accept this nomination! haha

LudicrousSpeed said:

Show was even worse than I anticipated. Nothing to do with the nominees or winners, all were expected. Game trailers mostly sucked and wow the writing for their interview segments was terrible. Thankfully it was just background fodder as I played Cyberpunk.

The worse it is, the more enjoyable for me! I watch TGA every year like I watch low quality Sci-Fi movies and I enjoy every second of it!

Chazore said:

It's gonna be funny af when the cuckman squad get salty about some other game they'll not like, winning a future GOTY awards. Also be funny when they get called teh "haturz"(tm).

Gonna call it now, because I know some love saving face and not being honest; "I don't care that X game won", or some other petty excuse.

Why these aggressive posts? Aren't you pleased that a lot of PC exclusives were show on the award?

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

sales2099 said:

Pretty solid for Xbox.

Perfect Dark finally revealed. Favourite game on the N64 so this is great for me.
Ark 2 Xbox console exclusive. Great news and just what 2021 needs to be better.
Halo on Fortnight is ok. Cross promotion for Halo Infinite serves a greater good.
Skyrim and entire Yakuza series on Game Pass...nice.

I thought you were against exclusives from studios that aren't 1st party.

sales2099 said:
ClassicGamingWizzz said:

God damn you sound mad as hell 😂

Haturz salty tears !!!

Ot : The last of us 2 killing it these game Awards, ghosts winning art , ffremake winning music, it was perfect, laura winning best performance was the cherry on top , the knife twist on the haturz 😂

The game hits all the same notes that movies use that win the Oscars. Diverse cast and sexualities. Strong female lead. Social issues explored. This award surprised nobody. It’s a  shame is how Druckman forever divided his own community on the treatment of Ellie and Joel in order to push his personal wants. 

I would normally not post about this, but your smug bragging compelled me. 

You are one to talk regarding bragging =p

Last edited by DonFerrari - on 11 December 2020