By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Game Awards Thread (2020)

What cringe are you excited about?

Confusing game trailers 4 15.38%

A game you like winning t... 1 3.85%

Josef Fares going insane once again 4 15.38%

Geoff Keighley looking uncomfortable 9 34.62%

Hydrobot’s Revenge 1 3.85%

Awkward backstage attendee interviews 0 0%

Cliff Bleszinski insulting PC gamers 0 0%

Hideo Kojima barred entry once again 1 3.85%

Watching someone use a VR and actin’ a fool 0 0%

The unknown cringe 6 23.08%

Total:26

Never watched TGA and probably never will, doesn't sound like my cup of tea - I prefer events that mercilessly throw games at my face. A bit of talk, interviews with developers, some making of... All that is fine, but show for the sake of show is something I don't particularly enjoy.

But... if someone will be posting info about The Game Awards in real time (like I believe someone did last year), I may be following the beginning of the show via VGChartz.

I have periods of social disconnection, it's a part of me that I need and keenly embrace. I'll still log in and read news and threads during those times, but I won't be (very) active on the site, so I apologize for any inconvenience that this may cause (late answers, bumps or the like).

Also...

Please, feel free to correct my English.

Around the Network
Dulfite said:
PAOerfulone said:

You left out the biggest option of all:

All the salty tears and bitching online when Last of Us 2 wins Game of the Year.

I don't know if it will. I don't thing TGA is woke-leaning politically speaking, I could be wrong and maybe they are. There have been a enough Nintendo nominations and awards that I feel like they are fairly center, politically speaking, considering Nintendo games are about as anti woke as games can get.

Nintendo games aren't anti-woke, they are rather just the least political game you can make. Any political instance in the game would be nothing more than an incident created by the devs personal bias, not a clear and intentional  reflection of political instance

In this sense, any Nintendo games can be either slightly right wing or slightly left wing, depending on who made it but also who is playing. Most Nintendo games are made in Japan, so the conservative bias is indeed more common, but saying it is "about as anti woke a game can get" is quite a stretch 

Last edited by IcaroRibeiro - on 10 December 2020

The possibility that either Sora or Jonesy (the guy from Fortnitemare) could be the next Smash DLC character. Really don't want either of them in Smash, but especially Sora because his connection to Disney would fuck up the Smash status quo; No non-video game characters allowed in Smash in any way at all.

If the Kingdom Hearts dev team wants a Smash Bros.-style fighter then they can make their own. Others have done that, and it's worked out pretty well for some of them.

CaptainExplosion said:

The possibility that either Sora or Jonesy (the guy from Fortnitemare) could be the next Smash DLC character. Really don't want either of them in Smash, but especially Sora because his connection to Disney would fuck up the Smash status quo; No non-video game characters allowed in Smash in any way at all.

If the Kingdom Hearts dev team wants a Smash Bros.-style fighter then they can make their own. Others have done that, and it's worked out pretty well for some of them.

I can understand not wanting Jonesy (so many characters belong in the game before him), but not wanting Sora because he "breaks the status quo of not allowing non-video game characters"? Sora not only originated in a video game, he has been in about 10 video games now, lol. Personally I hope it is Sora, though I'd also be happy with Shantae, Professor Layton, or a new Pokemon character.

shikamaru317 said:
CaptainExplosion said:

I can understand not wanting Jonesy (so many characters belong in the game before him), but not wanting Sora because he "breaks the status quo of not allowing non-video game characters"? Sora not only originated in a video game, he has been in about 10 video games now, lol. Personally I hope it is Sora, though I'd also be happy with Shantae, Professor Layton, or a new Pokemon character.

They wouldn't be able to include Sora without mentioning Disney characters or even mentioning them by name, something YOU CLEARLY DON'T UNDERSTAND. That's why Sora in Smash wont work. Smash Bros. doesn't need non-video game characters in any capacity. It'd be even worse than Steve being in Smash. -_-

User warned - Bristow9091

Last edited by Bristow9091 - on 10 December 2020

Around the Network

I'll try to catch some of it but I most probably will just search for a summary of winners and trailers tomorrow instead.

Signature goes here!

Watch the stream peak on the Smash announcement and then the massive exodus following said announce :P

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

Mar1217 said:

Watch the stream peak on the Smash announcement and then the massive exodus following said announce :P

I feel like I have a disconnect with these people lol. This game came out in 2018 and yet people treat character reveals for it like it is a hardware announcement, let alone a new game. I would much prefer they came out with Subspace Emissary DLC announcement, personally, though I do find the reveal videos for the new characters amusing. I just don't get why so many people get so excited about new Smash characters.

Dulfite said:
Mar1217 said:

I feel like I have a disconnect with these people lol. This game came out in 2018 and yet people treat character reveals for it like it is a hardware announcement, let alone a new game. I would much prefer they came out with Subspace Emissary DLC announcement, personally, though I do find the reveal videos for the new characters amusing. I just don't get why so many people get so excited about new Smash characters.

I mean, we're still talking about the best selling fighting game of all-time with one of the most ambitious roster of any said games amounting tons of different franchises from Nintendo and other publishers from the industry. 

How shouldn't it generate hype is the question.

Though, hard agree on the Subspace Emissary DLC. I'd like this kind of idea to be revisited ... though sadly, I'm not expecting anything similar to that until a new entry comes out ... if a new one ever comes lol.

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

Let's GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!