By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Year 2021 Virtual woman that look realistic are more popular than real youtube girls

Most of these virtual influencers have real females behind it that are not comfortable with showing themselves, so it is good this exist.

Around the Network

I'm not sure why it matters if the YouTuber is a man, or a woman, or a 3d computer generated cat. If your image is all that you have on offer, then you are working in the SBox industry.

Virtual makeup? Those filters are evolving

Mummelmann said:

I don't see following virtual girls being any worse than worshiping and throwing money at "real" girls whose job consists of being attractive and sitting in front of a camera, showing their cleavage and being mediocre at playing video games.

To be fair, I don't think this applies any less to male influencers, except instead of showing cleavage they just act like a 12 year old on camera while playing garbage overrated games.

Ka-pi96 said:

I really don't get the appeal of any of them. So yeah, virtual "influencers" are weird to me but so are real "influencers". They're both weird as fuck and I find it strange anybody pays attention to them at all.

As an aside though, why do so many people not know the difference between woman and women?

Totally this, i have been saying this to friends and family all the time, years ago the internet was the place where we could get away from all the trash that was populating the "normal" happenings of the traditional mass media, "celebrities", "famous people", "glamour","class", and a lot more of bullshit that practically wasn't even remotely useful or even truly entertaining, people here just watched it because they didn't find anything better to do a lot of the time.

When the internet was just beginning we used it to look for things that interested us that weren't available, but we found people that wanted to share information, Animes that were never aired or finished on TV on our countries, music from around the world, old cartoons that we believed were lost forever, books, comics and magazines that we never found in physical form due to irregular publishing etc., and solidified our interest in things like videogames, not so famous movies and forgotten TV series, productions from Asia, and the discovering of Talented people in a lot of Areas like music, animation, cinematography,comedy,technology, education etc.

For example, me and people that were around my age like my cousins that played a lot of KOF, used to search tricks secrets, information, new combos and a lot of other things for the games we played, several years before they used internet in a daily way, my uncle did "The trick"of exiting the castle in Castlevania Symphony of the night to get above 200% map completation, then he later used internet looking for more glitches like that and to see if anyone got even higher percentages. In my case some of the best videos i remember from the first time i wandered in youtube are ones that are from 13 years ago, a Bloody Tears Piano Cover from an asian guy, and a electric guitar cover of the Guile Theme by a dude with looong hair, people used this and a lot of other platforms that were generated originally to express their hobbies, talents, art, and fascination for a lot of things.

Then corporativism came to a lot of the sites, in the beginning and we were like "well at least all the bullshit seems to be restricted to Newspaper sites and celebrity gossip sites", but then everyone started selling their sites and products to big corporations and bussines that were the old traditional bussines and everyone tried to run after that money, and doing it by making the smallest effort possible, that is by making themselves products and celebrities not of TV but of the internet. I have cousins that are 15 years younger than me and now that they can have their smartphones with them almost 24/7, they use them to look at "influencers reacting to anything", "youtubers traveling the world with the money the make off of doing nothing", "gamers that can't even play properly the games they are supposed to play".

The newest fad is that of the "Virtual tubers", by taking advantage of the obsesiveness some people have with anime, idols,"waifus", etc. and of people like my cousins that just watch wathever is the most popular thing of the moment or on the front page of their websites, they have sucessfully translated the trash celebrity and gossip model to the internet,  whether it is Facebook, Instagram, Youtube, TikTok or any other medium that becomes relevant, you always see some turd like the Kardashians on the "Trends" that are people famous for doing nothing, and now if the Girls were already as fake as they got, like those "gamer girls", you now have an even faker product in "virutal girls" just so enterprises or some sly people can squeeze even more money out of gullible and unsuspecting guys.

I didn't watch wath did the "celebrities" when they were the supposedly hot topic on TV, i don't watch what the new internet celebrities do, and i will surely not watch the new "virtual celebrities" of the moment.

Last edited by foxmccloud64 - on 08 December 2020

Around the Network

Easy to sneer at, but then it's also an inevitable step after cartoon and virtual bands and idols. I don't really give a fuck about any typical 'influencer' real or manufactured beyond some eye candy, but damn if I don't love me some Gorillaz...

Last edited by TallSilhouette - on 08 December 2020

It's more interesting than anything.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

foxmccloud64 said:
Ka-pi96 said:

I really don't get the appeal of any of them. So yeah, virtual "influencers" are weird to me but so are real "influencers". They're both weird as fuck and I find it strange anybody pays attention to them at all.

As an aside though, why do so many people not know the difference between woman and women?

Totally this, i have been saying this to friends and family all the time, years ago the internet was the place where we could get away from all the trash that was populating the "normal" happenings of the traditional mass media, "celebrities", "famous people", "glamour","class", and a lot more of bullshit that practically wasn't even remotely useful or even truly entertaining, people here just watched it because they didn't find anything better to do a lot of the time.

When the internet was just beginning we used it to look for things that interested us that weren't available, but we found people that wanted to share information, Animes that were never aired or finished on TV on our countries, music from around the world, old cartoons that we believed were lost forever, books, comics and magazines that we never found in physical form due to irregular publishing etc., and solidified our interest in things like videogames, not so famous movies and forgotten TV series, productions from Asia, and the discovering of Talented people in a lot of Areas like music, animation, cinematography,comedy,technology, education etc.

For example, me and people that were around my age like my cousins that played a lot of KOF, used to search tricks secrets, information, new combos and a lot of other things for the games we played, several years before they used internet in a daily way, my uncle did "The trick"of exiting the castle in Castlevania Symphony of the night to get above 200% map completation, then he later used internet looking for more glitches like that and to see if anyone got even higher percentages. In my case some of the best videos i remember from the first time i wandered in youtube are ones that are from 13 years ago, a Bloody Tears Piano Cover from an asian guy, and a electric guitar cover of the Guile Theme by a dude with looong hair, people used this and a lot of other platforms that were generated originally to express their hobbies, talents, art, and fascination for a lot of things.

Then corporativism came to a lot of the sites, in the beginning and we were like "well at least all the bullshit seems to be restricted to Newspaper sites and celebrity gossip sites", but then everyone started selling their sites and products to big corporations and bussines that were the old traditional bussines and everyone tried to run after that money, and doing it by making the smallest effort possible, that is by making themselves products and celebrities not of TV but of the internet. I have cousins that are 15 years younger than me and now that they can have their smartphones with them almost 24/7, they use them to look at "influencers reacting to anything", "youtubers traveling the world with the money the make off of doing nothing", "gamers that can't even play properly the games they are supposed to play".

The newest fad is that of the "Virtual tubers", by taking advantage of the obsesiveness some people have with anime, idols,"waifus", etc. and of people like my cousins that just watch wathever is the most popular thing of the moment or on the front page of their websites, they have sucessfully translated the trash celebrity and gossip model to the internet,  whether it is Facebook, Instagram, Youtube, TikTok or any other medium that becomes relevant, you always see some turd like the Kardashians on the "Trends" that are people famous for doing nothing, and now if the Girls were already as fake as they got, like those "gamer girls", you now have an even faker product in "virutal girls" just so enterprises or some sly people can squeeze even more money out of gullible and unsuspecting guys.

I didn't watch wath did the "celebrities" when they were the supposedly hot topic on TV, i don't watch what the new internet celebrities do, and i will surely not watch the new "virtual celebrities" of the moment.

Back in my day, I had to walk to school in the snow, uphill both ways!

curl-6 said:
Mummelmann said:

I don't see following virtual girls being any worse than worshiping and throwing money at "real" girls whose job consists of being attractive and sitting in front of a camera, showing their cleavage and being mediocre at playing video games.

To be fair, I don't think this applies any less to male influencers, except instead of showing cleavage they just act like a 12 year old on camera while playing garbage overrated games.

Nailed it.

The over-the-top reaction videos are one of the weirdest examples of this.
Years ago, the N64 kids video was a hilarious outburst.
Nowadays, 48-year-old men put that reaction to shame for things as small as a new character update in Smash Bros.

Anyway, I have no complaints about attractive women showing cleavage. If they can make a living off of it, and offer something to people, I'm all for that.

Last edited by Jumpin - on 08 December 2020

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Jumpin said:
curl-6 said:

Nailed it.

The over-the-top reaction videos are one of the weirdest examples of this.
Years ago, the N64 kids video was a hilarious outburst.
Nowadays, 48-year-old men put that reaction to shame for things as small as a new character update in Smash Bros.

Exactly, Reaction videos are one of the most pathetic trends I've ever seen, grown adults behaving like cringeworthy halfwits on camera for attention.