By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Year 2021 Virtual woman that look realistic are more popular than real youtube girls

I cringe more than twice: for people preferring the virtual influencer, for people following influencers in general, for a virtual influencer having become a standard for lifelike virtual people and for human influencers being pissed at virtual ones (but this also means their target are people that can be very easily influenced even by virtual beings... OK, bigots do it too ).

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

Around the Network
Mummelmann said:
curl-6 said:

Personally I find the acting like a 12 year old more annoying, but I don't watch either type of streamer as I can look at sexy women elsewhere and I don't find any appeal to watching other people playing a video game online, to be frank it baffles me why so many people would even want to watch a stranger playing a video game on camera at all.

I completely agree that both perpetuate pretty crappy stereotypes about gamers.

I don't watch streamers live at all, I really don't see the point of it. I sometimes watch parts of a Let's Play on youtube to gain an understanding of gameplay mechanics and features, as well as possible technical issues. Pretty much the only content I want to watch is properly edited, well-spoken or at the very least genuinely funny and with some kind of purpose. To me, it's unbelievable that a persona like Pewdiepie has become the monolith he has, it's absolutely insane.

One thing I really like though is looking up bits and pieces from other gamers when you become stuck in a game. Using gaming sites and similar solutions often results in blaring ads, shitty formatting and half-assed actual video with lots of filler (to keep you there for more ads).

As for the psychology behind the boys/men who toss money at female streamers, this is as fascinating as it is sad. We talk a lot about this at work since we meet kids who are in the typical risk zone of resorting to just that type of behavior since they lack understanding of human relations and the concepts of reciprocation and proper emotional connection and regulation.

Yeah I can't fathom the appeal of someone like Pewdiepie, he's gotta be one of the most insipid and annoying human beings on the planet.

And yeah the whole donating to female streamers thing is basically a virtual version of throwing money at the performers in a strip club the way I see it, that at least I can understand even if I think it's sad.