By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Okami sold more on Switch than PC, PS3, PS4, and Xbox One. What other third parties have performed best on Switch?

src said:
Doctor_MG said:

I think that this is a very weird spin, no offense. It's almost like you think this is a Playstation vs. Nintendo debate when it's actually a conversation about which third parties have performed well on Switch. 

Not anymore spin that your post, which not only uses AND incorrectly, but also fails to take into account that PS4+3 is almost 2x SW. Obviously, many that bought it on PS3 will not get it again on PS4.

If the point of the thread was which third parties did well on SW, why did you not just name it that?

Considering that the PS3 release was 5 years prior to the Switch even existing, it should be obvious that many people either played the game on PS2, Wii, or PS3 and cut into Switch sales as well.  Your desperate attempt at downplay is making you sloppy.

The point of the thread is on which system Okami HD sold the most on, and that is what is given in the OP.  PS3 is not a PS4, and PS4 is not a PS3.  It sold most on Switch, get over it.

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

Around the Network

It's very impressive that okami sold so well on the switch, considering it released almost a year after the ps4 and xbox1 versions

src said:

Okami did far better on Playstation than on SW. Almost twice as better. Plenty of other third parties see similar performance of Playstation being far greater than Nintendo.

Not really. The game released last on switch. The ps4 and ps3 version released 5 years apart.

A lot of games sell better on PlayStation but this is not one of those games.

src said:

Okami did far better on Playstation than on SW. Almost twice as better. Plenty of other third parties see similar performance of Playstation being far greater than Nintendo.

This is simply ridiculous. There was a 5 year gap between Okami HD on PS3 and PS4. Of course tons of those people were people repurchasing the game. How many people go back and yank out their PS3? Especially given that PS4 has no backwards compatibility for PS3.

Even if a lot of those people were newcomers, at this point, you're just exploiting the fact that the game has "HD" in the title to make a bad argument. Because let's be honest,  it would just make more sense at that point to compare ALL comparable versions. On the 7th gen, for example, Okami sold as well on Wii as it did on the PS3. And now on the Switch vs PS4. 

I'm fine with someone saying Okami has, in total, sold more on Playstation than Nintendo ... because it's not wrong. It released on three Playstation generations, whereas it only released on two Nintendo generations. But honestly, in every valid hardware to hardware comparison you could make, Nintendo and Playstation are either about even in terms of supporting the original game, or it even slightly skews one way or the other. Just compiling two separate editions that released 5 years apart because they both have "HD" in the title and are both on hardware with "Playstation" in the name is silly. 

Blood_Tears said:

Exactly, plus there is already an existing thread on the sales of the game. 

Okami HD sales numbers leaked (vgchartz.com)

The game sold best on Playstation, that's just the facts. It's like how Sony disclosed that TLoU part 1 sold over 20 million in sales. Whether it's combined or not it doesn't change the fact of its overall sales numbers. If Nintendo fans can't handle that then tough shit. 

It's a big problem, I really can't sleep at night.

Around the Network
Blood_Tears said:
src said:

Not anymore spin that your post, which not only uses AND incorrectly, but also fails to take into account that PS4+3 is almost 2x SW. Obviously, many that bought it on PS3 will not get it again on PS4.

If the point of the thread was which third parties did well on SW, why did you not just name it that?

Exactly, plus there is already an existing thread on the sales of the game. 

Okami HD sales numbers leaked (vgchartz.com)

The game sold best on Playstation, that's just the facts. It's like how Sony disclosed that TLoU part 1 sold over 20 million in sales. Whether it's combined or not it doesn't change the fact of its overall sales numbers. If Nintendo fans can't handle that then tough shit. 

Lets compare sales on Sony (ps2, 3 and 4) vs Nintendo (wii, ds and switch) then and see what comes out on top.

And dont give me the hd vs sd crap. Its still the same game. Not too mention released years apart from each console successor.

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

Doctor_MG said:
src said:

How is my post a spin? We have individual platform numbers, of the individual platforms Switch had sold the most. Combining platforms and suggesting the total beats an individual platform is literally a way for you to spin it in a direction you would prefer (e.g. playstation beats nintendo). Like, I even included all other platforms (PC, and Xbox) to discuss this. 

I didn't use "and" incorrectly. I'm not sure how you think I did. 

"If the point of the thread was which third parties did well on SW, why did you not just name it that?"

Here is part of the question that asks exactly that: "What other third parties have performed best on Switch?". 

Because you deliberately ignore blatant market realities: PS3 and PS4 share a significant audience. All publishers look at ecosystems because unlike you, they understand PS3 -> PS4, and 360 -> X1 has a shared audience.

AND means (+) . The word you are looking is OR.

User was thread banned for this post- JWeincom

Last edited by JWeinCom - on 03 December 2020

pikashoe said:

It's very impressive that okami sold so well on the switch, considering it released almost a year after the ps4 and xbox1 versions

I think any game which doesn't have a notable performance/grapghics benefit of being on PS4, will probably do better on switch because there is less saturation of big releases (especially when it released on Switch in 2018) and you have portability. In this case the game also lends itself to the Joycons and Touchscreen, making switch the preferred way to play imo.

Strong sales on the switch, no idea why this bothers some people.

Let's try to get this thread back on track:

Hollow Knight sold well enough on Switch that the only console version announced for the follow up (Silksong) is the Switch.
Shovel Knight had the Switch as the 3rd best platform in April 2018 when they reached 2 million sales. https://yachtclubgames.com/2018/04/two-million-copies-of-shovel-knight-sold/
The Switch got to that position in 12 months, who knows where it stands now for that game. Also worth nothing that if we use src's line of thinking the Nintendo family is the clear winner with 55.8% of all Shovel Knight sales across Wii U, 3DS and Switch.

Last edited by TruckOSaurus - on 03 December 2020

Signature goes here!