By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Show your game room/setup 2020

Last edited by d21lewis - on 02 December 2020

Around the Network

Looking at some of you guys' awesome setups, I want to rearrange my room and steal some ideas. Might even do that today!

I need to clean up, too. It's usually dark. Didn't realize how dusty things have gotten

DroidKnight said:

The curved screen is a 32" 4k 60fps monitor that I have the Xbox Series X hooked up to. It will also serve the PS5 when I'm able to acquire one later.

I'm hoping to have more time off in the upcoming years, so I'll work on my cable management and redo my acoustic paneling.

Sweet. Have you considered painting / treating the wall. A really good black paint around your desired screen size will give you killer contrast. 

Something like this. https://culturehustle.com/products/black-3-0-the-worlds-blackest-black-acrylic-paint-150ml

I'll post my ''last gen'' set up in a day or so. Plan on getting an LG GX55 in the new year / February to go with my XX which I hope to get by Jan / Feb. 

It's too difficult to post pictures when you're on mobile. Or is be happy to participate.

foodfather said:

Sweet. Have you considered painting / treating the wall. A really good black paint around your desired screen size will give you killer contrast. 

Something like this. https://culturehustle.com/products/black-3-0-the-worlds-blackest-black-acrylic-paint-150ml

I'll post my ''last gen'' set up in a day or so. Plan on getting an LG GX55 in the new year / February to go with my XX which I hope to get by Jan / Feb. 

I've been on the fence on what to do.  I watch movies in 3 different formats (aspect ratios), and I also go to a smaller projection when doing 3D movies.  I was only looking at repainting the white to a flatter white for less reflection.  I wish I could have 4 separate pull-down screens, or 1 large one with curtains on a mechanical set up to change widths and heights.  

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

Around the Network

What a success, you made the post!

d21lewis said:

Nice mural you have going there. Not a bad idea.

d21lewis said:

I see double, two d21lewis!

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

TomaTito said:

What a success, you made the post!

d21lewis said:

Nice mural you have going there. Not a bad idea.

d21lewis said:

I see double, two d21lewis!

?

Nintendo History shrine is still a work in progress but I like just looking at it and thinking of all the good memories. Newer systems will go up there whenever I finally decide I'm done playing with them...or I have some extra controllers.

Man, it was difficult to post! I had to save the pics to a cloud app and open them up on my PC. They look squashed but hey, I'm just happy it posted.

Here is the room I game in the most.  Ironically, the Switch and PS4 are kept in another room with all of their games.  (The Wii U is there too.)  Also, I find it funny about people saying stuff like "excuse the mess" when their room looks immaculate to me.  This is literally the tidiest this room ever gets, lol.

Above: I put a 60-in-1 PCB into one of those Arcade 1-Up machines.  I've never been great at wordworking though, so I badly scratched up the surface where the controls are.  Still, this is probably the device I game the most on.

Above: My wife made this cabinet for me while I was selling video games at a flea market.  Eventually, I stopped the Flea Market business, but I still have the cabinet.

DroidKnight said:
foodfather said:

I've been on the fence on what to do.  I watch movies in 3 different formats (aspect ratios), and I also go to a smaller projection when doing 3D movies.  I was only looking at repainting the white to a flatter white for less reflection.  I wish I could have 4 separate pull-down screens, or 1 large one with curtains on a mechanical set up to change widths and heights.  

Its definitely worth doing some form of masking. I do that so I can watch the two main aspect ration (.85 and .35 and its variants). The results are worth it. 4:3 movies are a bitch to mask though, I never bother with it anymore. Where the aspect ratio allows it, I watch movies on a 124'' 2.35.1 screen (which is the equivalent of watching a movie on a 136'' TV with black bars)and play SP games on a 112'' screen. 

My gaming selection is so small now I lumped it with my anime, which is also smaller than it used to be. 

I decided to go "digital" in 2017 and sold 50+ 360 games and a dozen or so XO games but as 2018 started I fell out of touch with gaming so hardly got any of my favorite titles digitally. Now a good 80% of my 30 or so digital games are through GP/GWG. 

I do miss my 360 collection though. I always liked the way the covers looked.

I doubt the XX will change much of my gaming habits now but I am looking forward to getting one. I do mostly game on a 40'' TV which I am looking to upgrade to a 55 OLED. But I have played through dozens of games on my 112'' screen. 

Last edited by foodfather - on 02 December 2020

d21lewis said:
Otter said:

Go back to sleep! :)

I THOUGHT I had to go to work today. Got there and found out I'm working night shift tomorrow. Was supposed to be training new employees in the fine art of nuclear security but that's been postponed until Monday morning.

I'm still too lazy to make a new video of my game room today so here's a video from earlier this year:

https://youtu.be/deltylbpoue

I'll take some pics later.

So your training your underlings in the secret arts of Homer security.

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot