By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Show your game room/setup 2020

We're in the middle of a major remodel to the basement, in part to create a great gaming space. It won't be finished for a while, but I'll certainly post next time this topic comes around.

Last edited by VAMatt - on 02 December 2020

Around the Network

We're in the middle of a major remodel to the basement, in part to create a great gaming space. It won't be finished for a while, but ill certainly post next time rhus topic comes around.

The curved screen is a 32" 4k 60fps monitor that I have the Xbox Series X hooked up to. It will also serve the PS5 when I'm able to acquire one later.

The projector I have set at 12' diagonal and is 1080p 60fps.  I currently have my Switch, PS4 Pro, and One X hooked up to it.  It's also my goto for regular satellite tv watching and for my movies.

The room is 9 foot tall by 21 feet wide, and 20 feet long.  Shelves are 8 feet tall 3 feet wide each.  I have to use a stool to reach the top two shelves.

It was hard to photograph but there are 6 recliners in the room.  Please ignore the red socked feet in the left side of the image, I told her she wouldn't be in the image,...hehehe.

Here it is with more of the lights off, but there is still one on behind me in the bar.  And yes that is a piece of duct tape on my Macbook Pro blocking the camera.

I'm hoping to have more time off in the upcoming years, so I'll work on my cable management and redo my acoustic paneling.

Last edited by DroidKnight - on 01 December 2020

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

A bunch of controllers and other merch is in drawers or closets. Also not shown is my shelf full of game soundtrack CD and anime based on games.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Astral said:

I would, but my setup has zero gaming consoles at the moment. I sold my PS3 and PS4 in order to buy PS5 without eating into my savings. But PS5 has been out of stock since launch. And the Switch is elsewhere in the house. It would be silly to post a pic of empty wooden shelves :P

Be sure to post whenever the topic comes back.

Barozi said:

I'd rather not, it's a bit of a mess. Too many consoles, games and external HDDs or SSDs.
Also I couldn't fit the Series X into or onto one of the TV cabinets so it's standing right in front of it.
I will probably move into a house in 2021 so I don't see the point in changing anything right now.

Shame, I wanted to see some setups with the new consoles.

gord352 said:

It's messy but hey I don't really care. Also added a Panasonic 3DO to my shelf recently and haven't retaken the photo. Managed to find space to plug my 360 in to the TV setup. 

The arcade controller is hooked up to a raspberry pi with arcade/neo geo games - I made this during lockdown.

Nice collection you got there!

d21lewis said:

I THOUGHT I had to go to work today. Got there and found out I'm working night shift tomorrow. Was supposed to be training new employees in the fine art of nuclear security but that's been postponed until Monday morning.

I'm still too lazy to make a new video of my game room today so here's a video from earlier this year:

https://youtu.be/deltylbpoue

I'll take some pics later.

Sucks to be up early, video isn't working, but no rush Lewis.

Cerebralbore101 said:

Yet another nice collection!

DroidKnight said:

A next-gen setup. When will your new consoles join the projector?

BasilZero said:

Those theater seats look legit, nice and comfy.

Leynos said:

A bunch of controllers and other merch is in drawers or closets. Also not shown is my shelf full of game soundtrack CD and anime based on games.

Cool, we got retro and gaming room to boot! Cool arcade, but I like the Mario hat on that VCR xD

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

Around the Network
BasilZero said:

-----
Frontal View of my Console set

Dang. Nice taste in games!

EDIT: ~tads12 - Removing post contents to see if it fixes the problem.

EDIT 2: Problem seems fixed. Enjoy!

Last edited by trasharmdsister12 - on 02 December 2020

I give up. I'll try again, later.

Will have to post pic later. But have 65 inch 4k Sony TV, denon receiver with inwall polk speakers, with Martin Logan sub woofer.

BasilZero said:

That looks like a small door behind. What's that lead to?