By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global Hardware Nov 15 to 21 - PS5 Launches in Europe to Record Sales

curl-6 said:
PDiddy said:

Hover over tools on the banner on top of the site and click Hardware by Date. 

I can't figure out how to work that page, the dates keep seeming to change themselves every time I try to set them, and they just give me lines over time instead of a simple YTD number. I'm a moron when it comes to anything technical haha

If you click on "weekly" you can change it to "yearly," which will then display sales by year rather than by week.

VGChartz Sales Analyst and Writer - William D'Angelo - I stream on Twitch and have my own YoutubeFollow me on Twitter @TrunksWD.

Writer of the Gap Charts | Weekly Hardware Breakdown Top 10 | Weekly Sales Analysis | Marketshare Features, as well as daily news on the Video Game Industry.

Around the Network
Somini said:

PS5 seems too low. So UK alone was 30%? Germany and France alone should have 400k between them.

UK is usually 25-30% of European market I think.... also not really been checking recently but in the past France and Germany were more Nintendo's strong markets, PS shines best in UK, Spain & Eastern Europe (UK is just a general all-rounder as XB & Nintendo do well here too, but it's still a strong PS market)

curl-6 said:
PDiddy said:

Hover over tools on the banner on top of the site and click Hardware by Date. 

I can't figure out how to work that page, the dates keep seeming to change themselves every time I try to set them, and they just give me lines over time instead of a simple YTD number. I'm a moron when it comes to anything technical haha

https://www.vgchartz.com/tools/hw_date.php?reg=Global&ending=Yearly

kirby007 said:

Undertracked

Reported for being Ethomaz.

Thanks guys, sorry for being such a klutz, I didn't realize I had to hover my mouse over a specific year for the number to appear haha.

Anyway, back on topic, with 21.35m already in the bank a new all time yearly record is looking like a very realistic likelihood, especially with supply bolstered by Nintendo's new manufacturing assets in Malaysia. I guess it mostly just comes down to logistics now.

Bet with Liquidlaser: I say PS5 and Xbox Series will sell more than 56 million combined by the end of 2023.

Around the Network
curl-6 said:

Thanks guys, sorry for being such a klutz, I didn't realize I had to hover my mouse over a specific year for the number to appear haha.

Anyway, back on topic, with 21.35m already in the bank a new all time yearly record is looking like a very realistic likelihood, especially with supply bolstered by Nintendo's new manufacturing assets in Malaysia. I guess it mostly just comes down to logistics now.

I think it would be cool if we could add a list of the figures, so you can all see them much easier. So you can see sales by year, month, and week. 

VGChartz Sales Analyst and Writer - William D'Angelo - I stream on Twitch and have my own YoutubeFollow me on Twitter @TrunksWD.

Writer of the Gap Charts | Weekly Hardware Breakdown Top 10 | Weekly Sales Analysis | Marketshare Features, as well as daily news on the Video Game Industry.

I must say that after that first week in NA, I expected PS5 to sell at least 800k in its first week in EU. Is it just the effect of harsher anticovid measures or was it supply constrained? Or -gosh- will NA become PS main market, surpassing EU?

Last edited by Alby_da_Wolf - on 01 December 2020

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

Xbox holding its own in NA, that’s a good start.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

sales2099 said:

Xbox holding its own in NA, that's a good start.

I'd rather say MS continues to prioritise NA above anywhere else. That is NOT a good start if you want to make inroads everywhere.

For XMas just around the corner, I'd say European numbers are low, to put it mildly.

The simple question is, of course, What has been the weekly production numbers in Sep-Nov (for both consoles)? Usually these numbers have been insane.

drkohler said:
sales2099 said:

Xbox holding its own in NA, that's a good start.

I'd rather say MS continues to prioritise NA above anywhere else. That is NOT a good start if you want to make inroads everywhere.

For XMas just around the corner, I'd say European numbers are low, to put it mildly.

The simple question is, of course, What has been the weekly production numbers in Sep-Nov (for both consoles)? Usually these numbers have been insane.

i have questions myself:

1. when did MS start producing? is this 250k baseline?
if so that would mean production started early october, but we had rumors that they started with that in july that means we have 2 months of production unaccounted for UNLESS that 250k not baseline production and it lies even lower

Last edited by kirby007 - on 01 December 2020

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.