By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global Hardware Nov 15 to 21 - PS5 Launches in Europe to Record Sales

mk7sx said:
curl-6 said:

Last week of semi-sanity before the Switch goes into rage mode. The next month is going to be absolutely bonkers.

Kudos to Trunks for getting us back up to pace so quickly, your efforts are as always greatly appreciated. Will we be back to Thursday updates for the week before's numbers from here on, or will the new consoles make that difficult?

Will be crazy.  On the high end, Switch can cross 10M in the final 6 weeks of the year. 

What's Switch at by now YTD, 21 million?

I feel like an idiot but I can't remember/figure out how to access those numbers on here.

Around the Network
curl-6 said:
mk7sx said:

Will be crazy.  On the high end, Switch can cross 10M in the final 6 weeks of the year. 

I feel like an idiot but I can't remember/figure out how to access those numbers on here.

Hover over tools on the banner on top of the site and click Hardware by Date. 

curl-6 said:
mk7sx said:

21.35M.  See below - its ahead of everything (even 07 NDS which had its Black Friday in week 47). 

You can access yearly data from the top (Tools > Hardware by Date > organize/filter as needed).

mk7sx said:

NSW vs. NDS/Wii Peaks (VG Chartz Data)

Quarter 4 performance added. Note that 2007 and 2009 had Black Friday during W47 instead of W48, so NSW appears to be making a run at the record there as well, next week will be a big jump of >2-2.5M, so it can net 700-1,200K over 2007. 2008 had an additional week included in the yearly total, W53 crossing between Dec/Jan with 770K. NSW is ahead of that pace and may also be getting a 53 week count.

PDiddy said:
curl-6 said:

I can't figure out how to work that page, the dates keep seeming to change themselves every time I try to set them, and they just give me lines over time instead of a simple YTD number. I'm a moron when it comes to anything technical haha

Last edited by curl-6 - on 30 November 2020

Can anyone remind me what was the common consensus about these new console sales by the end of 2020 here? There was a thread back in early 2020. Just would be interesting to see if VGC average prediction is on track

Around the Network
Somini said:

PS5 seems too low. So UK alone was 30%? Germany and France alone should have 400k between them.

UK is usually 25-30% of European market I think.... also not really been checking recently but in the past France and Germany were more Nintendo's strong markets, PS shines best in UK, Spain & Eastern Europe (UK is just a general all-rounder as XB & Nintendo do well here too, but it's still a strong PS market)

curl-6 said:
PDiddy said:

I can't figure out how to work that page, the dates keep seeming to change themselves every time I try to set them, and they just give me lines over time instead of a simple YTD number. I'm a moron when it comes to anything technical haha

https://www.vgchartz.com/tools/hw_date.php?reg=Global&ending=Yearly

kirby007 said:

Undertracked

Reported for being Ethomaz.

Thanks guys, sorry for being such a klutz, I didn't realize I had to hover my mouse over a specific year for the number to appear haha.

Anyway, back on topic, with 21.35m already in the bank a new all time yearly record is looking like a very realistic likelihood, especially with supply bolstered by Nintendo's new manufacturing assets in Malaysia. I guess it mostly just comes down to logistics now.

I must say that after that first week in NA, I expected PS5 to sell at least 800k in its first week in EU. Is it just the effect of harsher anticovid measures or was it supply constrained? Or -gosh- will NA become PS main market, surpassing EU?

Last edited by Alby_da_Wolf - on 01 December 2020

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW!