By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global Hardware Nov 15 to 21 - PS5 Launches in Europe to Record Sales

Hey VGC mode Team, get ready for massive adjustments on Ps5 US numbers .

You guys missed the mark big.

See you in a week or two at best :)

Also, Switch is gonna crush Wii Numbers sooner rather than later.

Around the Network
Wman1996 said:

I know it's tough to get a hold of, but it's interesting to see the Xbox Series X get its butt whooped by the PS5 and Switch. I mean, the PS5 is tough to get as well. But yet its numbers in the charts are still very high.

Sales for week ending November 21 includes the Europe launch. 

VGChartz Sales Analyst and Writer - William D'Angelo - I stream on Twitch and have my own YouTubeFollow me on Twitter @TrunksWD.

Writer of the Sales Comparison | Weekly Hardware Breakdown Top 10 | Weekly Sales Analysis | Marketshare Features, as well as daily news on the Video Game Industry.

SilenceDeadly said:

Care to share your US numbers if we missed the mark as much as you say? We have the PS5 selling around 1.2 million in its first 2 weeks in the US. 

VGChartz Sales Analyst and Writer - William D'Angelo - I stream on Twitch and have my own YouTubeFollow me on Twitter @TrunksWD.

Writer of the Sales Comparison | Weekly Hardware Breakdown Top 10 | Weekly Sales Analysis | Marketshare Features, as well as daily news on the Video Game Industry.

SilenceDeadly said:

Is this a prediction or do you have visual on the data?  

If the latter, please feel free to spill the beans!

PAOerfulone said:
PDiddy said:

Seeing the 69.9M on the switch bar both frustrates, and amuses me. On the one hand, it's so close to 70M. But on the other hand, it is the nice number.

It did at first, but now I enjoy it, Especially since it's about to leapfrog over 70, 71, and maybe even the 72 million mark.

The funny thing about it is like:

[Next week]: It crossed 70 million.

[like 5 Weeks later]: It crossed 80 million. ^^

Around the Network

Strong sales regardless, its good to see 3DS despite being discontinued

B6a6es said:

Strong sales regardless, its good to see 3DS despite being discontinued

For me, it's nice to see that zombie system finally shambling to a halt. Outstayed its welcome by quite a bit to be frank.

Last edited by curl-6 - on 04 December 2020

Bet with Liquidlaser: I say PS5 and Xbox Series will sell more than 56 million combined by the end of 2023.

trunkswd said:
SilenceDeadly said:

Care to share your US numbers if we missed the mark as much as you say? We have the PS5 selling around 1.2 million in its first 2 weeks in the US. 

Here´s a little tibit from EU (east), NPD will do the rest as US is concerned.

Second Wave of shipments were 70% of 1st wave.

Sold out within 2 minutes. 

SilenceDeadly said:
trunkswd said:

Here´s a little tibit from EU (east), NPD will do the rest as US is concerned.

Second Wave of shipments were 70% of 1st wave.

Sold out within 2 minutes. 

That would be incredible!

Any tidbits for NSW (EU or US)?

No hard US data given by Nintendo/Microsoft/Sony for Black Friday. Real numbers will have to wait till this Friday's Nov 2020 NPD release unless one of them comes out beforehand.

Last month Nintendo dropped their October USA actuals on the Thursday night before release.