By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global Hardware Nov 15 to 21 - PS5 Launches in Europe to Record Sales

We got Nintendo of Spain PR for Black Friday week.

Link

Highlights:

• 1.57 million Switch hardware units sold since release
    • 72% market share for Switch hardware during the week of Black Friday 2020
    • Games belonging to the Mario universe have sold 2.4 million units combined (without digital sales)

Around the Network

I would be really shocked if switch doesn't do 1M in November

RolStoppable said:
mk7sx said:

We got Nintendo of Spain PR for Black Friday week.

Link

Highlights:

• 1.57 million Switch hardware units sold since release
    • 72% market share for Switch hardware during the week of Black Friday 2020
    • Games belonging to the Mario universe have sold 2.4 million units combined (without digital sales)

Either huge Switch sales or low stock for the PS5, considering that Switch outsold the PS4, PS5, XB1 and XSX|S combined by a bigger than a 2:1 ratio.

Most likely both I imagine. 

China Is Nintendo’s Secret Weapon in War With PlayStation, Xbox

Switch China sales analysis/report.

So two days til NPD numbers right, does VGChartz get those on the day and so is a Friday update on the cards?

Around the Network
mk7sx said:

That's a good article.  I didn't realize that RFA is now available in China along with the 3 original launch games.  I can see RFA really taking off there.

mk7sx said:

Are there any credible numbers from China that can be added to the Globals? More a question directed at @trunkswd 

trunkswd said:
OTBWY said:

Are there any credible numbers from China that can be added to the Globals? More a question directed at @trunkswd 

Not really. The way ioi set up the hardware figures years ago he lumped all of Asia together (minus Japan).

Ah, yes. Russians, Indians, Chinese, Southwest Asians (formerly called Middle Easterners). They have such a unified culture, way of life, religion, and language.

/sarcasm

trunkswd said:
Dulfite said:

Ah, yes. Russians, Indians, Chinese, Southwest Asians (formerly called Middle Easterners). They have such a unified culture, way of life, religion, and language.

/sarcasm

Russia would be part of our "Other Europe" and we have "MEA" for Middle East and Africa. But yeah the rest of Asia is altogether. 

I was more speaking about how people lump continents together, not necessarily this game's videogame chart tracking. Russians are part of Asia, as Saudi Arabians, Indians, Chinese, etc. Unlike the other continents which are mostly ethnocentric, Asia is full of variety.