By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Digital Foundry- CoD Black Ops Cold War

honestly both should just say pure 60fps lol.

Check this out: 15mins of frame time graph video: Theres zero drops on either version (below 60).

I think DF found like the only 2 times in the intire game where there are drops on PS5 and choose to show them :p

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CoQYpS7I_B8



Around the Network
JRPGfan said:

honestly both should just say pure 60fps lol.

Check this out: 15mins of frame time graph video: Theres zero drops on either version (below 60).

I think DF found like the only 2 times in the intire game where there are drops on PS5 and choose to show them :p

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CoQYpS7I_B8

That is their job, isn't it, to be thorough? If they are finding sequences with drops, it means they did their job right, some tech testers only do the first level or two for their tests, which is kind of lazy imo. And they do say in the video that the PS5 version is 60 fps almost all of the time with ray-tracing on, except for those 3 sequences they showed with drops. They even said that you're better off keeping raytracing on rather than turning it off just to hit locked 60 fps. 

Last edited by shikamaru317 - on 23 November 2020

Really good comparison video and seems both are near identical and surprising pros and cons for both. I am amazed that PS5 performs better than Series X in 120fps mode.



Not impressed. Series S is a bad joke, DF slowly is starting bitchin about it. PS5 and Series X can't run cross gen game with RT with 4K. Where the hell are these RT cores??? Oh, this runs good at 120 FPS. That one dude with 2.1 TV is happy.



shikamaru317 said:
JRPGfan said:

honestly both should just say pure 60fps lol.

Check this out: 15mins of frame time graph video: Theres zero drops on either version (below 60).

I think DF found like the only 2 times in the intire game where there are drops on PS5 and choose to show them :p

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CoQYpS7I_B8

That is their job, isn't it? If they are finding sequences with drops, it means they did their job right, some tech testers only do the first level or two for their tests, which is kind of lazy imo. And they do say in the video that the PS5 version is 60 fps almost all of the time with ray-tracing on, except for those 3 sequences they showed with drops. They even said that you're better off keeping raytracing on rather than turning it off just to hit locked 60 fps. 

that may be true, but we have seen df state no drops locked 60 while at the very same time the graph is showing drops.



Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

Around the Network
KingofTrolls said:

Not impressed. Series S is a bad joke, DF slowly is starting bitchin about it. PS5 and Series X can't run cross gen game with RT with 4K. Where the hell are these RT cores??? Oh, this runs good at 120 FPS. That one dude with 2.1 TV is happy.

It is a bit strange that so few games have native 4K so far, I was at least expecting it on some of these cross-gen games, but so far almost all have fallen short of native 4K; AC, CoD, Watch Dogs, Dirt 5, Gears 5, Spider-Man, etc. (Forza Horizon 4, Yakuza 7, and Gears Tactics have native 4K on Series X I think, not sure if any PS5 game so far has native 4K edit: PS5 has native 4K on one of DMC V's modes, as does Series X). Though honestly, I'm kind of happy that devs aren't trying to force through native 4K, I would rather have lower resolution and higher graphics settings than native 4K and lower graphics settings. 

Last edited by shikamaru317 - on 23 November 2020

smroadkill15 said:

So Series X performs better with Raytracing on than ps5 does. I tally this one in the Series X favor overall.

I'm not sure if the Series X wins this comparison. Although it has better performance in RT mode, the PS5 has the edge in 120 FPS mode, while DF also praised the Dualsense features and load times should favor of the PS5. 

I'd say its either a tie or the PS5 slightly edges it out. 



PotentHerbs said:
smroadkill15 said:

So Series X performs better with Raytracing on than ps5 does. I tally this one in the Series X favor overall.

I'm not sure if the Series X wins this comparison. Although it has better performance in RT mode, the PS5 has the edge in 120 FPS mode, while DF also praised the Dualsense features and load times should favor of the PS5. 

I'd say its either a tie or the PS5 slightly edges it out. 

I think the tiebreaker is the Xbox's VRR support so even with the drops from 120fps, on the series x you're less likely to notice them during gameplay than you would be when the ps5 drops it's frames.



http://imageshack.com/a/img801/6426/f7pc.gif

^Yes that's me ripping it up in the GIF. :)

Seems like we found our trend for the gen. RT on will favour the xbox and RT off will favour the ps5. At this game at least both are virtually the same anyways as both only strrugle during set pieces but gamplay seem solid in all versions and modes. As someone who favours the ps5, ima take the loss as I have zero interest in high framerate. Im 100% in for image quality. Not that ima ever play a COD game lol



It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

Too_Talls said:
PotentHerbs said:

I'm not sure if the Series X wins this comparison. Although it has better performance in RT mode, the PS5 has the edge in 120 FPS mode, while DF also praised the Dualsense features and load times should favor of the PS5. 

I'd say its either a tie or the PS5 slightly edges it out. 

I think the tiebreaker is the Xbox's VRR support so even with the drops from 120fps, on the series x you're less likely to notice them during gameplay than you would be when the ps5 drops it's frames.

a tiebreaker should not cost an extra fee. Those tv's are expensive. 



It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.