World at War 3 6.52%

Modern Warfare 2 8 17.39%

Black Ops 7 15.22%

Modern Warfare 3 2 4.35%

Black Ops 2 3 6.52%

Ghosts 1 2.17%

Advanced Warfare 2 4.35%

Total:46

Man, the golden age of CoD imo. Tough choice between Modern Warfare 2 and Black Ops 2, those are my all-time favorites. I'm probably going to give the ever so slightest edge to Modern Warfare 2. 

Around the Network

About what I expected. MW was something special in 2007.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

COD 4: Modern Warfare was the gamechanger and one of the few COD games that deserves a spot on a greatest games of all time list.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1gWECYYOSo

Please Watch/Share this video so it gets shown in Hollywood.

That is a lot of Call of Duty games in one generation! I haven't played any of them but wow so many games!

For me, it's World at War.

It really captures that sense that war is hell and feels like a desperate and morally ambiguous struggle for survival as opposed to the more detached shooting galleries of most entries in the series. I feel it's the most intense and truly mature entry in the series.

Black Ops II gets an honourable mention for its branching narrative paths, interesting near-future setting and technology, and the best story in the series in my opinion.

Around the Network

The first two Modern Warfare games were excellent. I also have a soft spot for World at War or CoD3, since I like World War 2 shooters, it's shocking how quickly those dissapeared after a while...

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Darwinianevolution said:

The first two Modern Warfare games were excellent. I also have a soft spot for World at War or CoD3, since I like World War 2 shooters, it's shocking how quickly those dissapeared after a while...

Especially considering how prolific they were in the 2000s. Modern Warfare seemed to almost kill WW2 shooters overnight.

Have you played COD2?

curl-6 said:
Darwinianevolution said:

Especially considering how prolific they were in the 2000s. Modern Warfare seemed to almost kill WW2 shooters overnight.

Have you played COD2?

I have, I also enjoyed it. In retrospective, CoD 2 was better than 3, honestly.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Poor Advanced Warfare, no love for it.
While it's not as good as MW, World at War, of Black Ops 1 & 2, I thought it was still pretty good and better than COD 2/3 and MW2.

Well, Modern Warfare probably had the biggest impact, but my personal favorite is Black Ops.