Black Ops 7 15.22%

Modern Warfare 3 2 4.35%

Black Ops 2 3 6.52%

Ghosts 1 2.17%

Advanced Warfare 2 4.35%

Total:46

Black Ops.

Around the Network

Modern Warfare 2 is the only one I owned, and the only CoD game I ever really got into.

Ghosts now the only one without a vote, which is understandable as it was kinda bad.

Funnily, of the lot, MW2 was the one I was probably least able to get into; I feel like out of the lot it took the Michael Bay factor the highest and not in a good way. Plus, the "your character gets killed in a scripted scene" gimmick that was fresh and shocking in MW1 got really old when they did it three times in the same game.

I loved World at War....

I want to vote World at War as it was amazing, but I got to go with CoD4 just for the sheer impact it had on the industry, and the quality of all of the maps. There was a consistently high quality of design throughout virtually all of the maps, and that just wasn't the case with World at War. Also I feel like the MP40 in WaW was dramatically OP, while CoD4 didn't really have any broken weapons.

But really it's about the maps. CoD4 launched with 16 maps. Shipment was a super small, basically meme map for pure chaos, but I'd rate all other 15 maps at least a 7 out of 10, with most getting 9's and 10's. Meanwhile WaW launched with 12 or 13 and I'd say maybe 2 or 3 were higher than a 7. It had a lot of DLC maps, 9 IIRC, I only remember two of them being any good, Banzai and the submarine base one.

It jumped the shark with MW2. Became less about guns, became all about killstreaks, camping choke points, and broken ass gameplay design.

Around the Network

Advanced Warfare got the most playtime out of me, so that is the one that gets my vote.

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

tripenfall said:

I loved World at War....

Same here. What did you love about it?

For me, besides just being a great game in its own right, it was the first COD game to get a quality port to the Wii, which is how I experienced it. Graphics weren't the best but being able to playing with pointer controls was awesome.

curl-6 said:
tripenfall said:

I loved World at War....

Same here. What did you love about it?

For me, besides just being a great game in its own right, it was the first COD game to get a quality port to the Wii, which is how I experienced it. Graphics weren't the best but being able to playing with pointer controls was awesome.

I really enjoyed playing from the perspective of the Russians as opposed to the normal USA campaign. Some of the levels were epic and the game really doubled down on the kill all Nazis theme and for some reason it really resonated with me. I also played it on the Wii with the zapper....

There was a brutality to World at War that I haven't seen in any other COD, though admittedly I haven't touched any COD since Black Ops 2. WAW was intense in a different way from later CODs. Instead of a roller coaster, its intensity came more from the intensity of real warfare and it was probably the most realistic game in the franchise.

World At War. Still the hardest Veteran of all IMO. And I platinum it.