By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - October NPD: Switch 736k, XBO 68K, PS4 39K

Insane... that's with Next-gen being in the press a lot so it seems like, as we thought, they won't have much impact on Switch's sales.Switch will have a long ass life cycle, selling like this 4th year no price cut.

Around the Network

Awesome Switch numbers, it's trending close to Wii 2008 which ended up with 10m sold.

Signature goes here!

I believe we also finally got June numbers for Switch (~365k)

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

With new June numbers, 2020 NSW Weekly Averages:

Mar ~200K

Apr ~202K

May ~132K

Jun ~73K

Jul ~85K

Aug ~126K

Sep ~134K

Oct ~184K

US Stock tanked in mid/late May (this is what Benji and others were reporting as well). Early May was probably 150-180K and then it fell off to 70-80K and stayed at that level through June and July. Nintendo increased production sometime around June/July (rumors came out in July/August) and increased production hit Japan region first in July, then US/Europe in late August. Supply has slowly been ramping up since that period and by late October seems to be back at level that can satisfy ~200K per week demand (I doubt it jumped from 134K end of Sep to 184K beginning of Oct).

Shadow1980 said:
LimaBean01 said:
interested to see shadow's interpretation of this

Short version:

Not the Dow/NASDAQ/S&P kind. The other kind.

No, really. I'll detail it once we get PS4 & XBO numbers and I update my charts.

brute said:

Whoa. That's way down from the 500k+ estimate from before. That means June was actually worse than July in terms of weekly averages. That's definitely going to require some chart revisions.

Eeeeeh i really REALLY wanted to share that number expecially because i hate how everyone keept used that 500K estimated but i wasn't able to speak lol.

But yeah, Switch sales were just 365,000, stock that month was very bad and since that stock got better every months. July, August, September and now October the avg. in sales consistently increased.

November will be interesting.

Around the Network
Ryng said:
Shadow1980 said:
LimaBean01 said:

Short version:

No, really. I'll detail it once we get PS4 & XBO numbers and I update my charts.

brute said:

Whoa. That's way down from the 500k+ estimate from before. That means June was actually worse than July in terms of weekly averages. That's definitely going to require some chart revisions.

Eeeeeh i really REALLY wanted to share that number expecially because i hate how everyone keept used that 500K estimated but i wasn't able to speak lol.

But yeah, Switch sales were just 365,000, stock that month was very bad and since that stock got better every months. July, August, September and now October the avg. in sales consistently increased.

November will be interesting.

Do you have access to the data, or just had that month specifically?

switch is going to fail meeting expectations in november and decemberdue to no stockpiling, 100%

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Oh wow, the Switch truly is in a league of its own

Shadow1980 said:
LimaBean01 said:

Short version:

brute said:

lol, i look forward to it! :) 

NPD Leaks from Era

PS4 - 39,000

XBO - 68,000

NSW - 735,926

VGC Tracking

PS4 135,428

XBO 77,334

NSW 554,652 (has alredy been adjusted)